• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Junkyard treasures

RespectTheContour

Hard-core CEG'er
went to a couple junk yards today...heres what i got

-shift cables (one of mine let go)
-3 EO center caps
-trunk vent (need from when i got rearended...no sex jokes elky, haha)
-dash clock

the center caps are up for sale if anyone needs one or three, i really wanted to get the housing for the trunk release cause for some reason EO's have a cool surround but my 2000 doesnt...but i needed a torque to get it off and they were at home...bummer

the center caps are up for sale if anyone needs one or three, i really wanted to get the housing for the trunk release cause for some reason EO's have a cool surround but my 2000 doesnt...but i needed a torque to get it off and they were at home...bummer
The housing was one of the things decontented in 99. Silly Ford.

Payment will be on the way shortly. I'm selling something for $25 and should get the payment today, then I'll have some extra PayPal cash.

For you junkyard dogs, if you could keep an eye out for 95-97 fog lights. What I need is the brackets, so the condition of the light itself is irrelevant. The GL needs new foggies and I guess the brackets are specific to 95-97 sport tours.

For you junkyard dogs, if you could keep an eye out for 95-97 fog lights. What I need is the brackets, so the condition of the light itself is irrelevant. The GL needs new foggies and I guess the brackets are specific to 95-97 sport tours.

Fogs are the same for all years. Brackets for Pre-98 are the same as SVT.

I can get you a set this weekend if I find some. I'm making a run to the junkyard Saturday morning.

I can get you a set this weekend if I find some. I'm making a run to the junkyard Saturday morning.

i was going to go friday afternoon but maybe I will go saturday morning ...

Let me know if you plan on heading down. I got most of what I needed last Saturday, but a few little things here and there that I missed.

Could you check for a 15in spare. I don't want to sell the mystique with the smaller spare that won't fit over the front brakes.

Let me know if you plan on heading down. I got most of what I needed last Saturday, but a few little things here and there that I missed.

well I am just going to look around since you said they have a bunch on new cars, figured I would go look and see what I find.

i need a couple of 16" steel wheels of a police package crown vic!
were there any P71's in the yard?

So all the brackets are the same as well? I was thinking for some reason that there were 3 different brackets.

1. 95-97
2. 98-00 Non-SVT
3. 98-00 SVT

So if I got the ones from BAT they will bolt right into the GL's bumper? Actually, just checked again and the BAT ones say 95-01 (??) Non-SVT, so if there are only 2 types (SVT and NON) then these won't work since you said I need SVT for the pre-98.

But thanks for looking. Now I know that I won't find them at my local yard since I've never seen SVT's there, only Non-SVT tours.

So all the brackets are the same as well? I was thinking for some reason that there were 3 different brackets.

1. 95-97
2. 98-00 Non-SVT
3. 98-00 SVT

So if I got the ones from BAT they will bolt right into the GL's bumper? Actually, just checked again and the BAT ones say 95-01 (??) Non-SVT, so if there are only 2 types (SVT and NON) then these won't work since you said I need SVT for the pre-98.

But thanks for looking. Now I know that I won't find them at my local yard since I've never seen SVT's there, only Non-SVT tours.

Close, but only 2 bracket designs. Pre-98 and SVT shared the same upper bracket. The lower bracket on Pre-98 is molded into the bumper while SVT have a seperate piece that screws in. 98-00 non-SVT have entirely different bracket.

I bought the BAT fogs for my SVT but junked the brackets and used mine. I'm buying another set soon for the 2000. At that price for OEM parts, it beats every other price.

1. 95-97
2. 98-00 Non-SVT
3. 98-00 SVT

the BAT ones will not bolt in, you can use the lens but not the bracket ... the 95 to 97 and the SVTs have the same brackets ...

Back