• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Joe's Powder Co. (pricing listed inside)

The front calipers are easier to re-use the dust boots on because they are not pressed in. I can usually get all the seals out without damaging them too much and I was able to re-use all the seals on this powder coat job posted above. I can't gaurantee that they won't be damaged but the boots can be repaired with black RTV if for some reason they tear. I would have to go $115 for powder coating, return shipping, breakdown, and re-build with old seals if they are front calipers.

Rears are a real PITA because of the ebrake and the components that go in them and would cost an additional $10 pr caliper just for my time.

I am very careful and detail oriented, so I would never send you something you wouldn't be happy with. If there is ever any problem down the road, I would repair them for free if I am the cause. You just would have to pay the shipping to return them to me.

OH, one more thing....

4 calipers and brackets weighs 39-40#, so keep that in mind when I figure return shipping with your powder coating order.

No high temp powder coat for headers guys. I did mine for my 3L and it is burning off. Sorry - it is just not a good enough coating for something so hot.

Hey Joe, can you do a UIM for me as well as a few other small parts? Will you be coming around anytime before winter? Once I store my car for the winter I can pull the parts off the motor.

I might be down that way a few times during winter maybe before. I am in the process of having a bigger sand blast cabinet made also, so if you wait longer I will be able to blast your UIM for you too.

I can't believe you.... man'0-man :nonono: We both bit the big one because of carlessness, it sucks but I am back and with avengence!
I take more care with the dirty ass parts people send thinking I am a re-furbisher, but I am not. I am a powder coater, not a junk cleaner guy. Do you remember what your parts looked like when you sent them to me :eek:. They came off that torched T-Green svt in the JY and you wouldn't even want to touch that. Your baer kit either, nasty stuff. I'm over it, and we should both move on. It is just good that this situation was caught early and now everyone has learned from other's mistakes.
Because of it, my contour is now a rolling advertisment for my powder coating and brake rebuilds, I am super happy now and can be for a long time.

By the way, I did some more t-red and gloss white, but this is my FIRST t-red UIM and it is sexay! :drool:

10-27-08011.jpg

10-27-08012.jpg

10-27-08010.jpg

I can't believe you.... man'0-man :nonono: We both bit the big one because of carlessness, it sucks but I am back and with avengence!
I take more care with the dirty ass parts people send thinking I am a re-furbisher, but I am not. I am a powder coater, not a junk cleaner guy. Do you remember what your parts looked like when you sent them to me :eek:. They came off that torched T-Green svt in the JY and you wouldn't even want to touch that. Your baer kit either, nasty stuff. I'm over it, and we should both move on. It is just good that this situation was caught early and now everyone has learned from other's mistakes.

joe!!!! i was kidding!!!! the only part from the burned svt was the UIM that i sandblasted myself :)

and i just want to make it clear that i have no hard feelings! u know im not mad at all

edit: its more my fault than yours anyways...

joe!!!! i was kidding!!!! the only part from the burned svt was the UIM that i sandblasted myself :)

and i just want to make it clear that i have no hard feelings! u know im not mad at all

edit: its more my fault than yours anyways...

Ok, we're good then, capeesh?

That Tred looks great! Can I see some in natural sunlight? Thats the color I need for my brakes, uim, and just about everything else!:laugh:

The t-red is not for durability, but looks only. On the brakes would be bad. UIM is ok to do with it but if you drop a wrench on the t-red/candy coatings it will chip like a piece of candy dropped on the cemement. You have to be very careful with candy coatings because of the "chip" risk. BUT dayum does it look awesome.

Back