• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its here .........................BUT

The BOV won't really go off unless you are boosting and you can't build boost just reving it up since you don't have anti lag or two step, etc... so basically, you haven't heard anything yet if you were just reving up the car. It may have been bleading some air but you haven't REALLY heard it go off! Wait until you hear that thing blow at 12 or 14 psi! It becomes addicting. :)

Ahhhhhh ok, now I really cant wait

Reebs is right, the sound is completely different when the car is under load. Fix the exhaust and bring that thing up here so I can spank your bottom. :cool:

Its getting fixed now, aint you aint spankin shoot, Stazi tell this fool I will hand him his butt in a brown paper bag.

Yeah yeah we will see when you are sayin, "damn what happened, how did he RUN away from me soo fast, is my turbo working?"

sorry to see what happened. i echo the sentiments that i would be very concerned about the amount of force needed to do that kind of damage and the turbo and piping being ok.

having said that, it's nothing that can't be fixed. i hope you've calmed down a bit. :)

I am calmed down now and in a kind of depressed state, but I KNOW it will all be fixed and will be good to go soon, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just cannot wait for it to be done so I can finally drive my 3l turbo that I have wanted for over 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you'll get tired of the rfl quickly....unless your into the whole lots of noise thing:shrug: i've had a few cars w/it...probe gt w/18 psi sounded great for the first few weeks...but became annoying quickly when everytime it went off(sometimes just a few psi) people would look and stare. not really into the "hey,look at me" ...kinda like a short man in a big truck:laugh:

Talked to the exhaust shop, they fixed the charcoal box and are waiting for the mufflers and resinator, that will be there teusday, they are doing a full custom stainless 3" exhaust. They checked all the manifolds, up pipe, down pipe,header and turbo and said everything is fine nothing is wrong. The car will be done teusday or wednesday and its $700.00. Good thing the car hauler will be footing that bill.

Talked to the exhaust shop, they fixed the charcoal box and are waiting for the mufflers and resinator, that will be there teusday, they are doing a full custom stainless 3" exhaust. They checked all the manifolds, up pipe, down pipe,header and turbo and said everything is fine nothing is wrong. The car will be done teusday or wednesday and its $700.00. Good thing the car hauler will be footing that bill.

You better watch it though. Over pricing :censored::censored::censored::censored: might make them want to brush you off. Because you could of easily reused the old mufflers etc.

Just saying. Obviously i don't know their exact words during this verbal agreement. I hope you got something in writing with him stating that.

No these guys have a very good rep, they do all of ford muffler ford here in town, the guys wanted to know EXACTLY what I wanted done and wrote everything down, they even removed all the heat wrap from the pipes to check for broken welds and bends then re wrapped them all. When its all done I am gonna have a mechanic friend of mine look at it to make sure they did exactly what they were suposed to.

No these guys have a very good rep, they do all of ford muffler ford here in town, the guys wanted to know EXACTLY what I wanted done and wrote everything down, they even removed all the heat wrap from the pipes to check for broken welds and bends then re wrapped them all. When its all done I am gonna have a mechanic friend of mine look at it to make sure they did exactly what they were suposed to.
Good to hear its being fixed and wasn't anything more serious.
But I think what Harry meant was that a repair the towing company thinks is too expensive might make them dispute paying it all. :shrug:
As in it could be repaired cheaper instead of you getting a new 3" exhaust.
I'm not saying that's the case or saying anything against you, just that I'd too be worried about them actually compensating you w/o question.
The turbo should like the 3" exhaust I'd think.
Hope you get it back on the road soon, the story sucks for sure.
-J

Good to hear its being fixed and wasn't anything more serious.
But I think what Harry meant was that a repair the towing company thinks is too expensive might make them dispute paying it all. :shrug:
As in it could be repaired cheaper instead of you getting a new 3" exhaust.
I'm not saying that's the case or saying anything against you, just that I'd too be worried about them actually compensating you w/o question.
The turbo should like the 3" exhaust I'd think.
Hope you get it back on the road soon, the story sucks for sure.
-J

That was exactly what i was saying. I just hope your not being to greedy.

But again like i said. I don't know what the verbal contract was. Just be carefull.

Back