• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its here .........................BUT

Screw them. If they hadn't broken it in the first place, it wouldn't even be an issue. Carelessness costs money.

I do agree with Harrry, though; I hope it's in writing. People that careless probably think a couple of glasspacks and a piece of flexpipe from Autozoo is the proper way to fix that.

At the very least, I hope you got the hauler's liability insurance information.

Last edited:
If the hauling company even gets mouthy, I will just tell them, ok thats fine then I will take it back to ford and let them charge you $1,100 to fix the charcoal box the ford oem way like I told you on the pohone. I am saving them 1k so I dont think they have any room to be pissy.

Just be careful with the attitudes in disputes like this.
I understand they are fully responsible and you deserve to have it fixed, but if sounds like you just have a verbal agreement. They can give you their word but things can change if they see a huge bill and their word is different than actually getting money in hand.
I know a lawsuit is an option, but that is a lot of headache and time.
I'd make sure you have detailed pics of the damage and written estimates of damages from the dealer and the exhaust shop. Knowing their insurance info is important too.
Just don't want to see you get burned man.
-J

LMFAO!!! :laugh:

i didnt even this thread till now! 11 pages (at my settings) in TWO days? damn!

i knew stazi shouldnt have sold it to you :nonono:

hahaha, j/k man. that sucks. as mentioned, try to take it easy and be rational when dealing with them. that's why they have insurance. contact your insurance provider and see if they can help. they'd have a LOT more pull than you do in this situation (if the hauling company is dicking you around). and if they are dicking you around, eff em. get insurance involved and take it to the most expensive places you can find to get it fixed. your car is VERY custom which means you can take it anywhere and it can cost money to fix it (ie more than dealership charges). i had a beer truck back into my custom 3 stage paint job honda. boy did their insurance company pay for that one. new bumper plus custom pearl paint = $$$$ (like $2500!!!). the insurance company didnt even flinch. they paid the paint shop without hesitating.

Its not just verbal, I have everything in writing that they will fix all damages and pay for all towing, everything is labeled to a tee and it is signed by us both so thats taken care of, and I have plenty of pics of the damage and thanks to Stazi I have before pics too to show if they decide to mess around.

And yes Chattavegas listed to Tod, he speaks the troof,lol but Todras those seats are now in starjammirs car, I have bride seats in the front now.

Yes Stazi if they mess around and say they wont pay full amount, I already have my company's permision to use our company attorney for free.

Last edited:
All finished.

newsmall1.jpg

newsmall2.jpg

newsmall3.jpg

newsmall4.jpg

newsmall5.jpg

The exhaust is dirty
newsmall6.jpg

My work computer isnt allowing the vids to upload so I will do that when I get home tonight.

Back