• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's finally here

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
P4030001.jpg

P4030002.jpg

As soon as we connected the trailer to the tow ball, the rain started coming down. :bah:
Those are all I managed to snap last night. Then I put the camera in the front pocket of my jacket while we admired the thing in the rain (haha we looked like a bunch of fools). The camera still got wet, and has been drying overnight.
I can't believe the things this camera has gone through and still survived.

anyway... I'm glad we finally have this beast after all these months of yapping about it.
When we were testing the lights at the dealer's lot, it was insane to watch Mike take it for a spin. My jaw dropped and I said out loud "damn is it huge!" and the salesman said "well, you've got the right truck for it" :cool:
yay for toys!

We're going to spend a chunk of today cleaning it up and exploring it some more, so I'll try to take more pics later.

Damn, you guys are hogging the street with that thing. :laugh: It sure is big!
You guys could have some fun in there while you are "cleaning it up and exploring it some more". :D

Did the neighbors forget that Christmas is over?

wow!!!
i knew it was going to be big, but thats alot bigger than i expected.
i dont think that will be going up next to the driveway at all.

wow!!!
i knew it was going to be big, but thats alot bigger than i expected.
i dont think that will be going up next to the driveway at all.

We're thinking the same thing :(
I think we may make one attempt, but we're not expecting to succeed.
So most likely it's going in the yard at the bottom of the hill, pretty much parallel to where it is now, only further back.
But in a way, that's not such a bad spot since it's pretty flat down there.

I agree on the size comment. It just looks a lot bigger now that it's at our house than when it was on the lot.
I just keep thinking "are we nuts? what have we done?!" haha

lol Christine. ;) I made a similar comment earlier today.

by the way, it started raining again, so still no more pictures. :bah:

that is super cool...congratulations! what car/toys are you going to haul with it?

SVT, Cougar, MS6, Motorcylces, and Cobra project stuff. Plus its twice as big as our shed, so it will be a good place to store stuff when its parked (ATVs, Snowmobiles, Lawn Tractors). The good thing is it has door on the drivers side over the wheel well which they call an escape door for when you pull a car in you don't have to suck in your stomache to get out of the car.

Nice trailer!

I feel like less of a man now :( All I have is a stupid little red one from walmart that hooks to a tractor...

8x24
What happened is we were originally looking at a different one, but the dealer was closed that day.
A week later, we went in to talk numbers and the friggin thing was gone. This one had been sitting not far from the other one we were looking at, so we decided to give it a look-see.

This one has more bells and whistles, including the rounded roof, plus it's sassy silver instead of black like the other one. ;) All in all, it's a far better one, so we decided to pony up the extra money. (the other one was on sale and was sitting on their lot for quite some time - we were spying it on their website for a few months).

We did get them to come down a tad on the price. It looks like they had used this one to store some ATV inventory at some point or something.
Plus, it was a tad dirty from when they installed all the interior wall panels.

The sun is finally breaking here, so hopefully I can run out with the camera today before anymore rain tries to creep back.
So far, walking around the trailer has equated to a rain dance the past couple days. :crazy:

We moved it into the yard yesterday and snapped some pics, but then Mike's family arrived for dinner, so I never got a chance to upload the pics.

Oh and after we moved it, our neighbor came over to check it out. The first thing he did was to inspect the lock near the hitch.
And then he starts in on the story:
Apparently around 9ish Saturday night, some jacktard in a truck came scoping the trailer as it was parked on the street in front of the house.
He said the dude never got out of his truck, but he did pause in the road for quite some time in his truck.
My neighbor made it obvious that he was watching the dude from his livingroom, so the dude drove down the road. He didn't drive far though. He parked in front of another neighbor's house (who has been getting trees cleared from an old storm and had a dumpster out front).
Apparently the tardo parked there for a while, obviously still scoping things out.
Then he drove down the other end of the road, parked for a while, still scoping our trailer, and then finally sped off like a bat outta hell. :mad:

Mike and I were watching a loud movie in the basement at that time, so we didn't hear ish. :(

Needless to say, we were pretty pissed to hear that.
The lock we have on there is meant to prevent someone from hitching their towball up, but it's a fairly small lock, and a determined thief could most likely bolt cut it.
Soooooo, after dinner with the fam, we prompty hit up Lowes to get more anti-theft devices.
A heavy duty cable to lace through the wheels, and heavy duty lock.
Also, we got a better hitch lock. It's shaped like a tow ball and fits into place, then has a neck to lock itself down.
We also kept the other little lock on there.

Eat that, jacktard! :bah:

Back