• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's blue!

Oh im not the owner or the original poster haha. I was just answering your question because I think I know the answer, so i figured I would throw my opinion out there.

that is an awesome blue! i have seen a few svts in blue, but that shade looks great so far, i cant wait to see it complete! how much would a paint job like that typically cost? just wondering

Depends on the amount of body work you needed to begin with. But Id say around 8 or 9 grand.

He's not to far off. I'll have everything done and complete (just paint and spraying it) for around $2300 because I have my brother painting it for me in my garage. This does not include my carbon fiber work. However taking it to a shop and paying for the labor and all that prep work would have easily cost me 8 to 9 grand.

just wow! what color wheels are you going with? just wondering? that svt is gonna be off the hook man!

I'll have my original Trex SSW wheels in the titanium color, but I also have a set Gold SVT Focus Euro wheels as well.

Holy crap I just saw this now. I had no idea you were repainting it! That color is freakin awesome! Good choice. It looks great so far!

Holy crap I just saw this now. I had no idea you were repainting it! That color is freakin awesome! Good choice. It looks great so far!

Thanks. It'd be going better if I didn't have to sand all of the clear off and paint it again :laugh:

Alright figure I'd update this thread... mixed the paint better this time (with a flipping screwdriver) to ensure we got the metallic flake off the bottom. The fast reducer worked out well for the weather we had... and... it turned out flipping awesome. Here are some crap cell phone pics from Sunday afternoon...

paintchunks.jpg

frontmv.jpg

enginebaysharpen.jpg

driversidex.jpg

trunktowerrh.jpg

trunktowerlh.jpg

And for comparison... On top - before, on bottom - after. You can really tell the metallic just pops!

finalcoat4.jpg
enginebaysharpen.jpg

Last edited:
will be sanding and buffing the car flat tomorrow to remove all orange peel. This thing is going to have a mirror finish.

I just started doing that to Sherif's car.... Ugh what a pain to do! Finished with 1200 and started some areas with 1500. Cant wait to buff this car, cant wait to see yours!

- amyn

MUCH BETTER!! Thats more what I thought it was supposed to look like. I though it didnt look deep enough before. I have seen the color in person before....now it looks like its supposed to. Looking good...cant wait to see it back together and buffed out....looking like a mirror!!

Well not sure when I'll be painting the rest of the car. Hopefully soon. Weather doesn't look to promising over the next few days, but who knows. Here are some shots of the wet sanding and buff work today. My brother is the one in the pics, but yes I did help sand the car as well. I think I can say I'm pretty much done with the chassis. I need to spray the under body and fender wells with rubberized under coating and then there are a few spots that need some more 3000 grit sanding followed by some more polishing but it's looking good. Unfortunately it was a pretty cloudy day with drizzling rain here and there so no sunshine to show the true color...

wetsanding.jpg

polishing.jpg

passrearquarter2.jpg

enginebayi.jpg

yea yea it's my wife's camera...
passrearquarter.jpg

roofline.jpg

overviewx.jpg

Last edited:
Back