• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intrest Check: Bradness Billet Aluminum Underdrvie Pulleys

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. SVT-R-US
9. tredsvt98
10. newb
11. Dairdevyld
12. CSVT#49
13. gomach1
14. mike
15. onimitsu
16. zerg1024
17. Chas - PS only
18. Fastford - (depending on price)
19. rollinstylee (depending on price)

i am very interested in this, what would the delivery date on this be you think?

I'm awaiting a answer still. I know the cost for a single set, but i think 90% of you would prefer to pay less.

How much is a single set? That way we have a reference starting point.

1. Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. SVT-R-US
9. tredsvt98
10. newb
11. Dairdevyld
12. CSVT#49
13. gomach1
14. mikey
15. onimitsu
16. zerg1024
17. Chas - PS only

1. Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. SVT-R-US
9. tredsvt98
10. newb
11. Dairdevyld
12. CSVT#49
13. gomach1
14. mikey
15. onimitsu
16. zerg1024
17. Chas - PS only
20. tredsvt98

Hey guys. I see there's a few interested parties for UD pulleys... I need at least 20 orders (each pulley) before my buddy will get his CNC machine rolling. Price will be $185-200 for the pair shipped within the continental US depending on how many we get in. I'll need a deposit of $50 for each order.

Technically, the PS pulley barely fits under the bracket for the line for the pump. You must remove the pulley if you need to do a belt change. I have a UD PS and crank pulley on my 3.0 and with this setup the belt length is stock. An aluminum PS pulley weighs approx. the same as the stock steel unit. This is due to the larger size and the fact that Ford did a decent job of slotting/lightening the stocker. The alt pulley will be similiar. I am not using an UD pulley on my alternator.

Yes these pulleys will work on any 2.5 or 3.0 (Cougar, Contour or Mystique) using the stock 2.5 timing chain cover/serpentine belt setup.

Hey guys. I see there's a few interested parties for UD pulleys... I need at least 20 orders (each pulley) before my buddy will get his CNC machine rolling. Price will be $185-200 for the pair shipped within the continental US depending on how many we get in. I'll need a deposit of $50 for each order.

Technically, the PS pulley barely fits under the bracket for the line for the pump. You must remove the pulley if you need to do a belt change. I have a UD PS and crank pulley on my 3.0 and with this setup the belt length is stock. An aluminum PS pulley weighs approx. the same as the stock steel unit. This is due to the larger size and the fact that Ford did a decent job of slotting/lightening the stocker. The alt pulley will be similiar. I am not using an UD pulley on my alternator.

Yes these pulleys will work on any 2.5 or 3.0 (Cougar, Contour or Mystique) using the stock 2.5 timing chain cover/serpentine belt setup.

Thanks for jumping in! Will I be able to just get the PS pulley, as my stereo is quite fond of amperage? Also, with just using the UD PS pulley, how much longer of a belt will I need?

I'm out. Wasn't aware that the PS pulley barely cleared the mount, was the same weight as the stock one, and to change the belt required removing the pulley... bummer. Looks like I'll just be bead blasting and PC'ing my stock pieces. Sorry guys.

1. Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. SVT-R-US
9. tredsvt98
10. newb
11. Dairdevyld
12. gomach1
13. mikey
14. onimitsu
15. zerg1024
16. Chas - PS only
17. Fastford - (depending on price)
18. rollinstylee (depending on price)
19. tredsvt98

I'm out. Wasn't aware that the PS pulley barely cleared the mount, was the same weight as the stock one, and to change the belt required removing the pulley... bummer. Looks like I'll just be bead blasting and PC'ing my stock pieces. Sorry guys.

1. Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. SVT-R-US
9. tredsvt98
10. newb
11. Dairdevyld
12. gomach1
13. mikey
14. onimitsu
15. zerg1024
16. Chas - PS only
18. tredsvt98
X2 on this sorry guys I woulda thought it would be a bit lighter as well ....

1. Beans
2. R-code
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. SVT-R-US
9. tredsvt98
10. newb
11. Dairdevyld
12. gomach1
13. mikey
14. onimitsu
15. zerg1024
16. Chas - PS only
19. tredsvt98

me too, sorry

Thanks for jumping in! Will I be able to just get the PS pulley, as my stereo is quite fond of amperage? Also, with just using the UD PS pulley, how much longer of a belt will I need?

If you have electrical problems because of stereo this is the opposite of what you want. These will slow the alternator.

/jumping off the bandwagon people

lol knew that was coming.

1. Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. SVT-R-US
9. tredsvt98

11. Dairdevyld
12. gomach1
13. mikey
14. onimitsu
15. zerg1024
16. Chas - PS only
19. tredsvt98

sorry i'm out also, considering all we'd get is a larger aluminum version with no improvements.

sorry i'm out also, considering all we'd get is a larger aluminum version with no improvements.

Are you aware of how these work?

When you engine turns alternator/ps ect. it will cause parasitic loss. Underdrive pulleys makes them 'slow' down causing the engine to do less work = less parasitic loss = free'd hp

Go do some googling, before you write these off.

If you have electrical problems because of stereo this is the opposite of what you want. These will slow the alternator.

I know. That's why I won't be doing the ALT, only the PS :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back