• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intrest Check: Bradness Billet Aluminum Underdrvie Pulleys

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry but 200 bux for a minimal gain isn't worth it in my mind

1. Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. SVT-R-US
9. tredsvt98
10. Dairdevyld
11. gomach1
12. mikey
13. onimitsu
14. zerg1024
15. Chas - PS only
16. Fastford - (depending on price)
17. tredsvt98

I withdraw. Thought I recalled these being less expensive in previous buys and didn't know about the belt service issue.

1. Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. tredsvt98
9. Dairdevyld
10. gomach1
11. mikey
12. onimitsu
13. zerg1024
14. Chas - PS only
15. Fastford - (depending on price)
16. tredsvt98

Sorry guys. I am also out.

Your biggest gain when using UD pulleys is the crank. This is because the crank pulley is relatively heavy, especially the dual mode, and to UD it requires a smaller pulley whereas on the alt. and the PS you need a larger pulley. You're looking at 4.5 (single mode) to 7 (dual mode) lbs. vs. less than 2 lbs. for an aluminum pulley.

Personally, I run a UD crank and PS pulley. There are gains in both mileage and power and (IMO) the steering feel is much improved.

If you guys want to add a crank pulley, I'll do that too.

Yes, I will sell a PS pulley seperate as long as I get the minimum quantity.

Your biggest gain when using UD pulleys is the crank. This is because the crank pulley is relatively heavy, especially the dual mode, and to UD it requires a smaller pulley whereas on the alt. and the PS you need a larger pulley. You're looking at 4.5 (single mode) to 7 (dual mode) lbs. vs. less than 2 lbs. for an aluminum pulley.

Personally, I run a UD crank and PS pulley. There are gains in both mileage and power and (IMO) the steering feel is much improved.

If you guys want to add a crank pulley, I'll do that too.

Yes, I will sell a PS pulley seperate as long as I get the minimum quantity.

Can we get some specifics here? How many people do you need? What would the individual pulley's cost, etc? It's an appealing concept, but the details are pretty thin. I'm still interested either way.

~Mike~

Can we get some specifics here? How many people do you need? What would the individual pulley's cost, etc? It's an appealing concept, but the details are pretty thin. I'm still interested either way.

~Mike~

We need 20 pulleys ( individual. ) So if someone buys 2 we would only need 18..Someone buys 1 more we need 17 ect.

I can find out individual costs but i would assume its probably around half the cost for both.

I also will probably start a official GB page soon, and see if we get some official numbers.

1. Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. tredsvt98
9. Dairdevyld
10. gomach1
11. mikey
12. zerg1024
13. Chas - PS only
14. Fastford - (depending on price)
15. tredsvt98

sorry i am out as well!

We need 20 pulleys ( individual. ) So if someone buys 2 we would only need 18..Someone buys 1 more we need 17 ect.

I can find out individual costs but i would assume its probably around half the cost for both.

I also will probably start a official GB page soon, and see if we get some official numbers.

Ok, now we're talking. If you can get it down to $185 shipped for the pair I think you'll be at a good price point for a low production run set of billet pullies. I'm not quite sure what everyone was expecting, these aren't cheap Chinese steel produced in batches of a hundred or more.

~Mike~

Beans
2. R-code
3. gameOVER
4. tsSVT
5. pithon987
6. JKYoder
7. Daven
8. tredsvt98
9. Dairdevyld
10. gomach1
11. mikey
12. zerg1024
13. Chas - PS only
14. Fastford - (depending on price)
15. tredsvt98
16. Supah Stah (PS Only)

Id be in for a set if you make us crank pulleys too. Asp doesn't make the 2.5 pulleys anymore and the crank is the main one im after but in all honesty how often do you have to remove the belt? Im in for a crank and ps ud pulley set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back