• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest check: Stazi mesh Gen 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that may have been a Cougar hood modified to fit a Contour.
pm ctmystique to find out for sure

that isn't a cougar hood. best we can guess its a generic aftermarket hood scoop that was grafted ontop of the stock hood. and poorly at that. car was purchased with the hood this way.

and fyi, he installed elky mesh on his car.

Nobody has even attempted to put their mesh on??:shrug::blackeye:

Update: I got my rear on, seeing as i had already pulled the stock off and if i eff up the rear, it's not AS bas as effn up the front. So yeah..PICS!

I've got way too many, so i'll post of some of the important ones and if there's more interest, I'll post the rest.

I used a sharpie to trace out where I needed to trim
DSC09468.jpg

grinder
DSC09474.jpg

I then worked the grinder around the diamond shape to make it more oval/square setting. Stopping every few moments to test fit on the tab. I wanted to ensure that it would JUST fit to make it tight.
DSC09473.jpg

NOTE: I did sets of 2s. meaning, bottom and top of each "column". (refer to pic above)

(looking at the rear from under the car)
far right "column"
DSC09484.jpg

continue the process all the way across with all tabs
(left side)
DSC09490.jpg

NOTE: The top tabs are "recessed" compared the bottoms, so the mesh will attatch "itself" on a an angle and curve.
DSC09478.jpg

DSC09492.jpg

comepleted and done
DSC09496.jpg

I'm also going to approach the front lower the same way as well. I'll post those when I get the front end(grille and lower) all done.

sent yesterday you last few guys will have them very soon:cool:

I have my mesh installed. I will upload the pics when I get the internet back on my comp. I'm doing this off of my phone lol.

I have my mesh installed. I will upload the pics when I get the internet back on my comp. I'm doing this off of my phone lol.

I see that your sig says you have a black SVT. I'm interested in seeing your pics since I too have a black SVT and I haven't seen any pics of this mesh on black.

I see that your sig says you have a black SVT. I'm interested in seeing your pics since I too have a black SVT and I haven't seen any pics of this mesh on black.

I have a black SVT, and i posted some pictures of the rear mesh. I haven't gotten around to working on the front. I had a mishap in a friend's driveway and we have snow now. :crazy:

There's a few more pictures that i do not have posted that I can post if I have to.

Ill have the internet Tuesday so I will be posting the pics then. I can send you a pic via MMS if you PM me your number.

be patient it will be there before you know it:cool:

ive got lots more of this stuff to guys so if you want a set shoot me a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back