• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest check: Stazi mesh Gen 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do it!!! ^:cool:

I'd love to, but it's no "push and play". Do I have to dremel some out to make it fit around the tabs? or am I doing something wrong. And I'm also guessing the shorter rectangle is for the rear and the longer one is for the front right?

Yes the shorter is for the rear, im not sure if this applies to this gen. Mesh but on stazi mesh gen. 2 i had to cut the tabs a lil so they would fit :shrug:

Were the rest of the meshed shipped bagged? How's that how to coming along? Woulda called you and asked but now I'm sick as a dog and lost my voice.

Just waiting for a quick how to. The car is up on jack stands because I just put the winter tires/rims on and changed the oil, but I want to install the mesh before I take her down so I have more clearance.

I have a 98.5 and the tabs are larger than the holes in the mesh so it does not slide right over the tabs. Might just end up trimming the tabs on the rear and lower front to get it on and the car off of the jack stands, but don't know if there is an easier way than trimming it.

^ look 2 post up, I think you are gonna have to trim the tabs on the rear bumper to get the mesh to slide in at least that's what I did and then use some small screws to keep the mesh from sliding off :cool:

im uploading pics for the how to now. i suggest not cutting your bumper tabs and cutting a smal spot in the mesh so it can go over the tab

I'm working on my center ring so i can paint that up and then I'll get around to installing the front and rear lowers all at the same time

I am going to get to mine after I find the short that is causeing my Tach, speedo and other gauges to not work. Damn Ford for their stupid wiring screw-up on these cars.:shoot:

I eff'd up my ring and had to strip it down and repaint it. So, thats done now, I'll prob roll out and jack the rear up and work on that today.

here's some more :cool: Or at least very similar.....
strypedsvt6.jpg

cegfallmeetoct11th_2008035.jpg
any one have any idea where a hood like this can be found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back