• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Duraflex Mirko Splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys, i just emailed my contact last night and received a response this morning.

i told him that the original Mirkos had minor fitment issues and that is a concern for the new one. he said since they have a stock bumper in their possesion, they can make it damn near perfect (better fitting).

he also said that the stuff should be arriving in China any day now and that we need to start getting our deposits together.

looks like we're going to go with the new mold. only $50 more (for YOU guys!) and will be better fitting and better mounting.

if anyone wants to buy the original mirko mold to make their cf splitters or whatever, let me know. its a fine piece of csvt history lol. put it in your csvt collection of stuffs.

Put me down for a Duraflex splitter pleassse. When is the money due?

1. Manimillion (Duraflex - Option 1)
2. Blast47 (Duraflex - either option)
3. Matty K (Duraflex - either option)
4. svt4stv (duraflex-either option)
5. svt4stv (duraflex-either option)
6. CRG Racer24 (Duraflex - either option)
7. Livinsvt (option 2)
8. CSVT#49 (Duraflex - option 2)
9. Mac (Duraflex - either option)
10. TourEnvy (Duraflex- either option)
11. ooklah (Duraflex - either option)
12. Tuftour
13. Digital Slacker
14. 2000ZXT

Carbon Fiber

1. QBCSVT (option 2 preffered, open to both tho)

Im gonna be able to get into this in cf, correct?

- amyn

yes, i just offered up the mold for anyone who wants to make their own and possibly sell a few themselves, like Doc wanted to originally when he was looking to buy the mold

When is the expected delivery date for these?

id say 3 months from when its started, which would be very soon. so look to about late Aprilish.

Put me down for a Duraflex splitter pleassse. When is the money due?

as soon as we hit 15 people, ill start accepting the deposits.

My question is still a bit unanswered... So let me explain better. I am not interested in the OLD Mirko mold!

I am interested in option 2 (better fitment and wrapping around the bumper) in Carbon Fiber by the company CEG is dealing with. Just want to make sure this comes out in good quality. If you see any of their CF and Duraflex work take pictures and post them for all of us to see.

- amyn

My question is still a bit unanswered... So let me explain better. I am not interested in the OLD Mirko mold!

I am interested in option 2 (better fitment and wrapping around the bumper) in Carbon Fiber by the company CEG is dealing with. Just want to make sure this comes out in good quality. If you see any of their CF and Duraflex work take pictures and post them for all of us to see.

- amyn

i didnt know you had a question retaining to the old vs new. its been discussed a few times that we will go with one or the other. most likely the new style. everyone seems to agree that is the better way to make them.

i dont have any pics. i didnt take any while i was there but i did check them out in person and i was impressed with the quality.

here is their website
http://www.extremedimensions.com/

looks like we're going to go with the new mold. only $50 more (for YOU guys!) and will be better fitting and better mounting.
QUOTE]

So $300 + shipping then? With $150 up front?

correct.

If i cant jump on this know it will still be available correct?

yes but they will be $50 more. i may lose money on this since ive already bought the original mirko mold AND am having them make a new mold ($$$). hopefully i can recoup that over time.

And for CF we are looking at $450 + Shipping? With $225 up front?

I guess I am still opting for option 2 in CF. I have seen ED's Carbon Creations work and I really like it! :drool:

- amyn

correctamundo.

Something I never thought of before.

Shipping!

What do you speculate it'll cost to ship to Canada? And what would it cost to ship to Ogdensburg, NY?

Something I never thought of before.

Shipping!

What do you speculate it'll cost to ship to Canada? And what would it cost to ship to Ogdensburg, NY?

i couldnt tell you about CA. i was told shipping runs $50 to $75 plus $15 handling fee (box, packaging etc). since NY is almost as far as you can get, especially if near the border, id imagine $75 (plus $15).

correct.

yes but they will be $50 more. i may lose money on this since ive already bought the original mirko mold AND am having them make a new mold ($$$). hopefully i can recoup that over time.

correctamundo.

Well soon as i get my tax returns i will be shootn you a pm.
Gl with the GB it may take time but it will pay for itself soon enough, we will always need these and its very apreciated.

If i cant jump on this know it will still be available correct?

sorry, somehow i missed your question.

after the first batch goes, be it 15 or 20 or whatever, then they'll have to make another batch. id say we'd probably need to get at least 5 at a time. not a BIG deal but you know how that goes.....

and then there's the time to make them as well...

That sucks. They wont be available for purchase one at a time? It has to be made in batches........ I thought once the mold is done they will throw the product on their website and we can order from there...

Sucks if they dont do that cause I may want a duraflex in the future :blackeye:

- amyn

I'm on the fence for this... Let me think about it for a few days and I'll get back on here. When is the deadline to let you know?

That sucks. They wont be available for purchase one at a time? It has to be made in batches........ I thought once the mold is done they will throw the product on their website and we can order from there...

Sucks if they dont do that cause I may want a duraflex in the future :blackeye:

- amyn

they would only keep them in stock if they feel there is real demand for them. lets be real. what kind of demand can there really be for this kind of product? lol. compared to stuff for corvettes, imports, german cars etc...

they arent going to sell them on their website. the ONLY place you will be able to purchase these is through me :cool: ill probably toss one on ebay for the non-ceg owners but they'll still be available here for people. if 2 people later want one, ill pick up the extra 3 to get at least 5 made. im sure ill be able to do a GB next year during tax season again.

I'm on the fence for this... Let me think about it for a few days and I'll get back on here. When is the deadline to let you know?

ill be starting the official GB this week and begin collecting deposits. you'll have a little bit of time after that. i have to give the go ahead for at least 15, which ill do. even if i have to buy the last few. they'll need some time to make the new mold. during that time we can add more people to the list. but once they start making them, thats it. we dont want to hold up everyone else because of 1 or 2 people. and for any that I buy extras of, ill be putting my own money down for the deposit, so those will sell for $50 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back