• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Duraflex Mirko Splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only down for this if they fix the fitment issues with the current Mirko splitter. I have a fiberglass Mirko already, I don't need a Duraflex Mirko splitter that has the same crappy fitment around the foglights and front grille. Wrapping it around the bumper will be very nice, but if they are making a new mold they should fix everything wrong with it. Especially since they have your front bumper to work from. If they can do this I have no problem paying good money for it.

i didnt know there was a fitment issue with the splitters :shrug: ill pass the info on. im sure they'd make them fit just fine if they do a new mold.

I really feel option 2 is the way to go. Whats $50 extra for a style that in the end will probably fit better and not have to drill into the sides of your bumper. Seems logical to me. Not sure if I want in on option one if two doesn't happen.

Plus as these bumpers get rarer, it makes sense not to intentionally put holes in them and damage them, at least not on the face. Holes in the wheelwell are no big deal and unnoticeable if you remove your splitter.

i'm in

1. Manimillion (Duraflex - Option 1)
2. Blast47 (Duraflex - either option)
3. Matty K (Duraflex - either option)
4. svt4stv (duraflex-either option)
5. svt4stv (duraflex-either option)
6. CRG Racer24 (Duraflex - either option)
7. Livinsvt (option 2)
8. CSVT#49 (Duraflex - option 2)
9. Mac (Duraflex - either option)

Carbon Fiber

1. QBCSVT (option 2 preffered, open to both tho)

how much does it lower the car in the front. i barely clear. i would love this thing but i cant see it working for me in my location even w the skidplate. are the skidplates still available? another group buy?

im sure if Pole sees enough interest he could make another batch.
if he's not interested, im sure i could have some made.

The only problem I have with going with a new mold is, ruining what it looks like now.

Are you going to be sending a front bumper off with it as well? Because if you don't I doubt they'll be able to guesstimate and make it fit better.

IIRC, Steve sent a SVT Bumper, Mirko Splitter and Mirko Splitter Mold. So I think option 2 would be the best bet.

I also dont want them to change the design of the splitter I just want it to fit better, be a bit lighter, and look the same as the Mirko.

- amyn

If it wraps around the sides into the wheel area, what are your thought on still having it removable with dzus fastners?

I am still interested in option 1
Being swayed on option 2

Also Steve did you find out how Duraflex can be preped and painted? Can it be spray bombed? Not everyone will want to pony-up another $100-200 to get painted.

yeah. these things are fing awesome however that is a bunch more cash to shell out. it is worth the extra few bucks for option 2 i think. theres gota be a way to fit option 1 without the bolts popping out no?

im sure if Pole sees enough interest he could make another batch.
if he's not interested, im sure i could have some made.

Would it make sense with the Duraflex? What I mean is, is the material bendy enough that it wouldn't need a skidplate?

If it wraps around the sides into the wheel area, what are your thought on still having it removable with dzus fastners?

I am still interested in option 1
Being swayed on option 2

Also Steve did you find out how Duraflex can be preped and painted? Can it be spray bombed? Not everyone will want to pony-up another $100-200 to get painted.

you mean spray painted? sure, if you want to spray paint parts of your car. its basically the same thing as fiberglass.

yeah. these things are fing awesome however that is a bunch more cash to shell out. it is worth the extra few bucks for option 2 i think. theres gota be a way to fit option 1 without the bolts popping out no?

with the original Mirko splitter you HAVE to attach it the bumper by drilling holes in it. double sided tape wont do it, nor straps, or anything else like that. it was function over form design. now, we can have both.

Would it make sense with the Duraflex? What I mean is, is the material bendy enough that it wouldn't need a skidplate?

not sure. its not that bendy. that would be the polyeurathane version which would be pointless because it was so bendy. this is more foregiving, but im pretty sure you can still break it. if you hit it the wrong way, like you did yours i believe, then it can be made of steel and will still tear up. it will just go to the next weakest point. i guess we just need to wait and see when theyre ready. plenty of people drive around with FG mirkos and no skidplate and are just cautious, and have been ok. so no reason why that cant work here as well. so some may want the skid plate for extra protection and some may feel they can be mindful enough not to need one.

you will still need to be cautious folks. you just have a greater margin of error than before. hell, people tear the stock bumper up! and that things made up of some really strong shiz!

I think we will still be able to use DZUS fasteners just on the back side of the bumper where they wont be seen as much.

I dont like the idea of screws as I always see honda people doing it and messing it up. and I dont like the idea of a bolt n nut because it will make it much harder to take off.

Dzus mounted vertically maybe even two on each side.... Gotta see it first tho.

- amyn

IIRC, Steve sent a SVT Bumper, Mirko Splitter and Mirko Splitter Mold. So I think option 2 would be the best bet.

I also dont want them to change the design of the splitter I just want it to fit better, be a bit lighter, and look the same as the Mirko.

- amyn

Can he confirm that? I see that he replied to some posts, but hasn't said anything about the style changing on the option 2, nor that he has sent a bumper out as well.

7. Livinsvt (option 2)
10. TourEnvy (Duraflex- either option)

Carbon Fiber

Can he confirm that? I see that he replied to some posts, but hasn't said anything about the style changing on the option 2, nor that he has sent a bumper out as well.

I guess, if you say they wont change how the splitter looks and functions, I'm open to option 2.

Coulda sworn he said it somewhere. Maybe the "buying mirko mold" thread! :shrug:

But Im with Manimillion about functionality but as more on the aesthetic side of things!

- amyn

7. Livinsvt (option 2)
10. TourEnvy (Duraflex- either option)
11. ooklah (Duraflex - either option)

Carbon Fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back