• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sniper Tuning Special Forces Software

Chris@CTA

Veteran CEG'er
Has anyone used this product before? I want to use this product on my Vortech'd 2.5l 1998 Contour SVT. The software appears to be fairly straight forward to use, but my reservation is that, not having too much experience with doing an initial tune, how should I set the offsets for the timing and fuel. The Vortech kit is installed as per the Vortech instructions, and yes, still using a FMU, only addition is Buckshot's aftercooler. Sniper's tech support says that it will do a safe initial tune, as long as you input the correct engine data, etc.

Fine Tuning

Low RPM Fuel Modifier (AFR) + to Lean / - to Richen
Mid RPM Fuel Modifier (AFR) + to Lean / - to Richen
High RPM Fuel Modifier (AFR) + to Lean / - to Richen
Low RPM Spark Modifier (Deg)
Med RPM Spark Modifier (Deg)
High RPM Spark Modifier (Deg)
Global Spark Modifier (Deg)
Global Fuel Modifier PT + to Lean / - to Richen
Global Fuel Modifier FT + to Lean / - to Richen

Any ideas?

Thanks.

To be honest with you, i would def take your car to a tuner first. Watch what he does and take notes. Only because it was the best experience i have had with understanding the pcm's capabilities. I learned a lot of things and of course i asked alot of questions. Now i see you would be able to do this on your own. I have never heard of the software so i can't really give you my opinion on it. I do know when someone does do self tuning, tweaking the car slightly by adding/subtracting values as you go would be the safest way.

Sorry to get off topic but do you have the upgraded jack shaft on your car?

To be honest with you, i would def take your car to a tuner first. Watch what he does and take notes. Only because it was the best experience i have had with understanding the pcm's capabilities. I learned a lot of things and of course i asked alot of questions. Now i see you would be able to do this on your own. I have never heard of the software so i can't really give you my opinion on it. I do know when someone does do self tuning, tweaking the car slightly by adding/subtracting values as you go would be the safest way.

Sorry to get off topic but do you have the upgraded jack shaft on your car?

Unfortunately, I don't have the upgraded jackshaft, but I see even with those, the couplings are destroying themselves under load.

I have the very last generation of jackshaft prior to the coupling style. I have only put maybe 5000 miles on my supercharger since installing it back in 2002. I know it's a ticking time bomb, but if and when the jackshaft/input shaft disintegrates, I'll rip it out and be rid of it for a different option, one which I will choose at that time. :shrug:

The sniper software is actually a spin off of SCT. One of the SCT guys left and created the sniper software. It seems to be a bit cheaper and gives the same amount of adjustability but I've never used it or talked to anyone who has.

Unfortunately, I don't have the upgraded jackshaft, but I see even with those, the couplings are destroying themselves under load.

I have the very last generation of jackshaft prior to the coupling style. I have only put maybe 5000 miles on my supercharger since installing it back in 2002. I know it's a ticking time bomb, but if and when the jackshaft/input shaft disintegrates, I'll rip it out and be rid of it for a different option, one which I will choose at that time. :shrug:

Oh wow, knock on wood for you. I hope it will stay that way for you man.

The sniper software is actually a spin off of SCT. One of the SCT guys left and created the sniper software. It seems to be a bit cheaper and gives the same amount of adjustability but I've never used it or talked to anyone who has.

I understand what is needed for the first tune, was hoping someone had some insight on where to baseline the fuel and timing for the vortech setup. I might just take the plunge and give it a try. :eek:

I understand what is needed for the first tune, was hoping someone had some insight on where to baseline the fuel and timing for the vortech setup. I might just take the plunge and give it a try. :eek:

Well I have a tune file from SCT for a supercharged 2.5L...

If the program is similar to SCT I could give you snap shots of each parameter from the AdvantageIII software and that should give you an idea I would think? Let me know.

Well I have a tune file from SCT for a supercharged 2.5L...

If the program is similar to SCT I could give you snap shots of each parameter from the AdvantageIII software and that should give you an idea I would think? Let me know.

Mike, that would be awesome if you could do that for me. :cool: My email address is chris@ctamotorsports.com, or for kicks and giggles, you could post them in this thread.

Much appreciated, Thanks.

Mike, that would be awesome if you could do that for me. :cool: My email address is chris@ctamotorsports.com, or for kicks and giggles, you could post them in this thread.

Much appreciated, Thanks.

I'll see what I can do. There are a lot of parameters so it will take some time. I should have sometime tomorrow morning to sit down and start taking snap shots. I may just put it into an excel spreadsheet too... I don't know... we'll see how things go. I'll keep everyone posted.

Alright give me a little bit of time... I have 15 snap shots from Advantage to upload. Not sure if it's going to help you, but maybe...

Back