• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check #2: Aluminium Door Sills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think half. Take my SVT for example. If you cut them all the way thru, it would be chrome/silver (the sill plate color) with a light silver frost background. I don't think I would like that look. On darker colored cars like the T-Red, T-Green and black it would look better, but I don't think it would look that great cut all the way thru on Silver. :shrug:

Half way. Then it gives everyone the option to paint the logo whatever color they choose.

I'll probably just to paint the SVT red and then Contour black, Assuming we do Contour SVT or SVT Contour.

If its cut all the way through like the set I will have in a few days you can simply lay a piece of whatever color vinyl (metallic or flat) down underneath. Gives you the same look as painting it. :shrug:

i vote to have it say

- SVT Contour -

and if buy any way possilbe also have the factory build # for each car.
this may not be realistic but definitly a plus i.e. - # 1619 of 2150 -

since thats the way the factory apoints its

give me a drawing or picture of what the final product will look like before i commit. thanks

are these going to be built out of aluminum , stamped steel, plastic , fiberglass ?

thanks

since your making them on a cnc machine . the build number addition should be a resonable request.

Last edited:
since your making them on a cnc machine . the build number addition should be a resonable request.

it would be an additional fee if anything...its not that easy to re-program with the exact font that you all would want...it would definately raise the cost...

I was just thinking that we would do SVT Contour or Contour SVT or w/e on the front...and on a later date...i would make some sills for the rear with the build # on them...but not yet!

it would be an additional fee if anything...its not that easy to re-program with the exact font that you all would want...it would definately raise the cost...

I was just thinking that we would do SVT Contour or Contour SVT or w/e on the front...and on a later date...i would make some sills for the rear with the build # on them...but not yet!

Same font as the letters.

see, the issue is that it isnt actually a "font" at all, i had someone trace the Writing because there is no real font for it...so...it would be a pain to make it work...but I still have to try to find the time to do this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back