• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

intake test dyno

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Ok guys I finally made it but only did the four manifolds. The taurus 2001 is just torque the taurus 2004 made good power but the rpms were jumping around on the dyno giving the spikes but it you look at the chart you will see that is made 198whp with 197wtq. The mazda6 intake same escape did better overall minus torque but was solid across the board where the tuarus 2004 had a midrange torque hump but fell short of the mazda 6. My analysis is the SVT cams and escape UIM will perform the best all around. here are the dynos

the first pull was mazda6
second pull was taurus 2004
third pull was taurus 2001
fourth pull SVT UIM no Secondaries

The A/F were very close same tune same timing across the board

torque intakes.jpg

max power intake.jpg

So the SVT UIM made the least peak HP. I'm glad we've got some data to compare now. The SVT does seem to flow the best in the upper RPMS though. Everything else starts taking a dive while the SVT UIM is still pulling strong.

Just curious, how much cool down time was taken in between each run?

So the SVT UIM made the least peak HP. I'm glad we've got some data to compare now. The SVT does seem to flow the best in the upper RPMS though. Everything else starts taking a dive while the SVT UIM is still pulling strong.

Just curious, how much cool down time was taken in between each run?

just like i thought... anything with svt cams will be better up top. looks smooth too. good numbers. am sure interest in your intake will surely rise:).

mazda6 vs 2004 taurus
Mazda6vs2004Taurus.jpg

mazda6 vs SVT
SVTvsMazda Intake.jpg

SVT vs 2004 Taurus
SVTvs2004Taurus.jpg

notice the graph how the only two intakes that don't fall off are the mazda 6 and the SVT because their ports are larger making the two setup less torque down low and I think the plenum volume is what held the SVT from exceeding all the setup so I will add a larger plenum on the SVT UIM to test for volume checks. Joey

Very Interesting,

So there where no secondaries for the SVT UIM if I read correctly?

What exhaust did you run?

BTW Thanks for the data Joey.

Very Interesting,

So there where no secondaries for the SVT UIM if I read correctly?

What exhaust did you run?

BTW Thanks for the data Joey.

LIM is where the secondaries are located.

Great info joey. I'm glad your day went well and were able to finally dyno the intakes.

What mods do you have done to this 3l? Did you also install or CAI while testing??

Last edited:
LIM is where the secondaries are located.

Great info joey. I'm glad your day went well and were able to finally dyno the intakes.

What mods do you have done to this 3l? Did you also install or CAI while testing??

Yes, I know Harry.

I just wanted to double check that with the SVT UIM there where no secondaries(I.E. he did not port match LIM with the heads) as I plan on doing.

My analysis is the SVT cams and escape UIM will perform the best all around. here are the dynos

Assuming that these runs were all done with SVT cams, did you compare them to data of this engine with 3.0 cams? How can you make this assertion?

I'll take better horsepower and torque over nearly the entire range over a ~3hp advantage in a 300 rpm range.

Assuming that these runs were all done with SVT cams, did you compare them to data of this engine with 3.0 cams? How can you make this assertion?

I'll take better horsepower and torque over nearly the entire range over a ~3hp advantage in a 300 rpm range.

Because the SVT cams allows more air to be drawn in to the motor where you can see clearly which intake keeps breathing past 6k rpms you afe talking about 10whp more pat 6k so you are talking 16hp at the motor you will feel that in the car up top. Joey

Because the SVT cams allows more air to be drawn in to the motor where you can see clearly which intake keeps breathing past 6k rpms you afe talking about 10whp more pat 6k so you are talking 16hp at the motor you will feel that in the car up top. Joey

Two questions:

1. Were all of these runs done with SVT cams installed?

2. If so, to what are you comparing them?

Two questions:

1. Were all of these runs done with SVT cams installed?

2. If so, to what are you comparing them?

I believe he was comparing what intakes manifolds produce the most power with svt cams:shrug:
Its been an argument on here for as long as i remember.

Last edited:
BURRITA!!!

What air intake were you using during these tests?

your cai
short ram
stock air box?

I believe he was comparing what intakes manifolds produce the most power with svt cams:shrug:
Its been an argument on here for as long as i remember.

My question was to clarify how BAD SVT could make the statement that he did...that anything with SVT cams flows better up top. I realize the point of the tests that Joey did, but proving this wasn't it.

Possible assumption? I'm not really sure. The set-up has been changed many times. Maybe at some point, SVT cams were going to be used?

Back