• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

intake test dyno

the Question Is Not Whether Or Not His Car Hauls Ass. His Car Is A Monster B/c He Has The Boost Cranked Up High, Is Using A .82 A/r Turbine Housing, And Routed The Piping As Efficiently As He Could. Therefore, The Question Is Whether Or Not He Could Be Making Even More Power If He Was Not Using Svt Cams And The Svt Uim.

Exactly.

there have been some good points made here, but some statements were made about cams that doesn't fit my understanding. please let me know if the following is not correct:

1. SVT cams have more overlap than the stock (2.5 or 3.0) cams
2. Overlap improves performance in naturally-aspirated engines by drawing more air into the combustion chamber .
3. Overlap decreases performance in forced-induction engines because air escapes the combustion chamber during the compression stroke.
4. Therefore, the SVT cams do not increase performance - and my decrease performance - in applications of forced-induction.

You're mostly correct on your first three points but your fourth is too general and doesn't account for other factors in cam design

The 3L cams do not have the same duration as the SVT. The extra 10-20 degrees could offset any extra overlap the SVT cams have in the way of more trapped charge in the CC. Exhaust backpressure would would also have to be known as the lower it is the more overlap could be tolerated.

Back