• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Pudmunkie Performance Projector fog lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morette does make lights for some WRX's... I believe the reason why our lights are stuck in DOT land is the location of the amber side marker on the lights.

WRX's have a stock blinker on the side of the car so its not a problem - our problem lies in the fact there is no blinker that can be seen from the side and from the front to make it legal. If someone is travelling next to you from your side mirror area or behind they cant see you blinking.. I've had people almost hit me twice now because of it. :( The Morettes have an amber portion on the side but the plastic border cuts it basically in half.

Adding a side marker to the car where the 24V badge in most definately helps but thats not stock on the car

Rather than deal with seemingly endless red tape with U.S. DOT approval, why not simply sell them in their current form as "off road use only" directly from France?

I doubt that will happen as they told me at Sema they want to move 1000+ units at release. So having said that I am sure that they would want them to be DOT approved then so they could sell them easier

There is not enough designated interest to provide a full out group buy, but I will most likely be producing a quantity of them (don't worry David). Ill offer just the brackets up for sale, and will tell people where / how to get a hold of the other parts, which will mean spending significantly less than buying a 'kit'

I thought there would be more intrest then there is. Thats cool that you're willing to help those of us that would like to do it.

Alright that works just as well. I can understand why you don't want to offer a full out group buy. Thanks for the effort.

Im gonna have some made, and Ill put up just the brackets for sale in the classifieds. There was not enough solid interest in a group buy for whole kits.

Im having some made along side the airboxes, they will be shipped to anyone interested for 75$ Included will be full instructions to D.I.Y including installation instructions and sources for parts.

I apologize for not getting the pics out to you guys. There is a problem in the wiring harness and I simply have not had any time to fix it. Between work and my newborn son, my time is not my own anymore ;)

I'll post them as soon as I get the wiring issue worked out.

On a side note, after looking at my current 90mm fog light setup, I played around w/ an extra 90mm unit w/ Hella bracket and adjuster kit I had laying around and found it is very easy to use the Hella brackets to mount the lights to the bumper and adjuster kit to aim them which are all available from Rallylights.com You will have have 3 adjusting points and 2 mounting points (stock mounting points) to the bumper. The bracket can be fastened on the lower stock mounting point and the upper can be used by simply adding piece of thicker sheet metal with a screw hole cut in it to fasten and hold/pinch the hella bracket to the bumper. I tested this method alongside the bracket that I custom made and it is actually VERY sturdy and has not budged at all. All the parts can be had for around $45 for those that want to attempt doing it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back