• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Pudmunkie Performance Projector fog lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did my own headlight retro fit and now my fogs are useless. u can barley tell they are on!!.

anyone running HID should get these just so you can have added visablitly on the road.

my choice is for the yellow bulbs for bad weather

Also my lights are soo amazing i have zero use for foglights. I only turn mine on during the day time.

which was why I reverted back to stock fogs..the stock HID projector was strong that I barely even noticed my fogs on. I did use them at night but only for aesthetics purposes

i dont WANT to run HID's in my stock fog housings, i was just asking a question that me, and im sure a few others wanted to know, if it wa absolutely necessary to get aftermarker housing to get a good response from the HID's....i'd love to get the HIDs/brackets/ and fog housings. just depends on the total cost. i dont need them, but i want them. to mach my lowbeam HID's like i said my fogs currently look friggen yellow in contrast to my 6k HID's. so i'll be saving up now for the maching hid fog kiit! :D

so wheres is this going?? im going to start a list cause i think it was stated that puds wanted one
1. Yamaharacer686(parts only)with HID

hey Pudsie...

will they match the look and output of these??? if so, sign this girl up for a set please.

PICT0508.JPG

I bought the prototypes off of M!key before I later bought his car.... they now reside on my car and I believe that they fit better too than when they were on his car.

As far as when they are being released? no clue, hopefully they will release them one day but I believe there are many DOT issues they cant iron out.

Pudsie... will this be as simple as an install while the car is still intact or would I have to remove the bumper so I can install the new lights and the mounting bracket...? My hope is that whilst the car is on ramps I could do an oil change and swap the lights from below easy enough.

Last edited:
As far as when they are being released? no clue, hopefully they will release them one day but I believe there are many DOT issues they cant iron out.
I've seen them on WRX's around here so unless the one's I saw aren't Morettes, they should be DOT legal. Would the make of car make a difference?
Karl

I've seen them on WRX's around here so unless the one's I saw aren't Morettes, they should be DOT legal. Would the make of car make a difference?
Karl

Morette does make lights for some WRX's... I believe the reason why our lights are stuck in DOT land is the location of the amber side marker on the lights.

WRX's have a stock blinker on the side of the car so its not a problem - our problem lies in the fact there is no blinker that can be seen from the side and from the front to make it legal. If someone is travelling next to you from your side mirror area or behind they cant see you blinking.. I've had people almost hit me twice now because of it. :( The Morettes have an amber portion on the side but the plastic border cuts it basically in half.

Adding a side marker to the car where the 24V badge in most definately helps but thats not stock on the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back