• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Parts, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, didn't know it wasn't a ShoShop. When ShoShop was still in business, I remember them having one that looked very similar to yours.

it very well could be. i have LOTS of aftermarket parts on that silver car. some i have no idea where they came from

Perhaps I overlooked something here but I didn't see it mentioned...are these going to be weld/bolt in, or threaded expansion type like Rawburt's? I saw the mention that they aren't "adjustable" so I assume that means permanent-type installation? I'd rather not drill into my towers or weld to them but if that's the only option you can offer, I would still consider it after seeing a prototype. And at any rate, thanks for offering services!

*EDIT* Also, what is your idea for 1/8x2 varieties? 1/8 bar stock is very flexible.....I must not be understanding your intention.

Yup, bolt-in.

And the 1/8 bar is only for the mounting plate, NOT the cross bar or legs.

INFO:

I should be ordering metal soon, and I'll let you guys know when I do. After I order it, it should take about 1-2 weeks to come in. Also, I'm still trying to work out some kinks in our TIG welder... Some idiot set it up and now it won;t hold an arc on aluminum, and it takes some real finagling at full power (200 AMPS!) to even strike an arc on anything. We might just have the guy from ABCO come in and do a demo:rolleyes::nonono:

POWDERCOATING UPDATE

As of now, Joe (Blu_Fuz) does not have his big oven ready to bake parts of this size, so he is not an option at this point. I will stay in contact with him, and if he becomes a possibility; I will let y'all know. I have decided to take the money needed to order the metal out of the bank, and should be making an order from Yarde Metals in Southington, CT (http://www.yarde.com/). If you have any questions about my future plans as to when things will be happening, I will do my best to keep this thread posted. If you need to know more feel free to PM me; I'll be glad to answer most anything you throw at me. This GB will be run smoothly, and I'll do my best to keep you thieving bastids happy:laugh:.

Thanks for the Time and Business,
Matt

The SHO Shop bar should be the same as Bradness and RawBurt's.

Are there any pics floating around of these? or do you know anyone still on CEG that has them, and if so could you PM them to see if they can post a pic :cool:

The SHO Shop bar should be the same as Bradness and RawBurt's.

Really........not even close. The sho-shop as sen in the photos above show that it lifts up wared creating more of a clearance inside the trunk. Rawburts actually goes straight across. 2 different style bars both doing the same job.

Really........not even close. The sho-shop as sen in the photos above show that it lifts up wared creating more of a clearance inside the trunk. Rawburts actually goes straight across. 2 different style bars both doing the same job.

I stand corrected then. I could have sworn another company was being supplied RSTBs from Bradness or at least the design. Now that I think about it more, I'm pretty sure it was BAT. :ponder:

POWDERCOATING UPDATE

As of now, Joe (Blu_Fuz) does not have his big oven ready to bake parts of this size, so he is not an option at this point. I will stay in contact with him, and if he becomes a possibility; I will let y'all know. I have decided to take the money needed to order the metal out of the bank, and should be making an order from Yarde Metals in Southington, CT (http://www.yarde.com/). If you have any questions about my future plans as to when things will be happening, I will do my best to keep this thread posted. If you need to know more feel free to PM me; I'll be glad to answer most anything you throw at me. This GB will be run smoothly, and I'll do my best to keep you thieving bastids happy:laugh:.

Matt

If you need me to help out with anything involving Yarde Metals, just let me know. They are literally 2 minutes up my street.

I was requested to post pics of the bars that I made. I made these through group buys only and sold exactly 40 of them to CEG members.

DCFC0102.jpg

DCFC0149.jpg

I stand corrected then. I could have sworn another company was being supplied RSTBs from Bradness or at least the design. Now that I think about it more, I'm pretty sure it was BAT. :ponder:

Bradness made the BAT bars and supplied them to BAT until his business partner f'd up.

POWDERCOATING UPDATE

Matt

You are going to have to call Yarde to find out everything that they carry. Their web site doesn't list much. You should have your stock a couple days after ordering from them. They are pretty fast. We buy all of our stock from them for my real job and for the side business stuff.

bar.jpg

:shrug:

I dunno maybe they made 2 sets, but that's the sho shop catalog on the right. ..and that looks nothing alike.

i dont mean to be rude but who cares where that other bar came from? the idea is that is what the buyers want is something like the one pictured which will provide support but not ruin the great functionality of these cars.

You are going to have to call Yarde to find out everything that they carry. Their web site doesn't list much. You should have your stock a couple days after ordering from them. They are pretty fast. We buy all of our stock from them for my real job and for the side business stuff.
I've dealt with them before, and I always get my stock from the Drop Zone, so I know immediatley what is available, and what it will cost me (minus shipping). If you have some good tips for me, please share; as I have only dealt with them in conjunction with my Dad and his friends.

i dont mean to be rude but who cares where that other bar came from? the idea is that is what the buyers want is something like the one pictured which will provide support but not ruin the great functionality of these cars.
Thank you:cool:

So is everyone who posts in this thread interested in parts from the Wannabe? If you're just chatting, please refrain from doing so, I'm trying to secure business transactions, and would like to keep the thread purpose-oriented. Thanks:cool:

Your not being rude at all. Better yet you should post more :)

I agree, regardless where it came from lets get a product that will accomplish both goals.

Sorry everyone. I wasn't trying to start a "he said - she said" thing, just trying to ascertain who the credit goes to for making the curved bar. If we can't locate the origin, I move to a vote, to call it the "Wannabe bar", as this is the only one who we can get one from now ;)

Sorry everyone. I wasn't trying to start a "he said - she said" thing, just trying to ascertain who the credit goes to for making the curved bar. If we can't locate the origin, I move to a vote, to call it the "Wannabe bar", as this is the only one who we can get one from now ;)

I like you...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back