• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Parts, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
I now have full-time use of a TIG welder, so it is time to begin checking my market. Pics will come in a few weeks when I have another prototype done. The general design for now is to have one crossbar, with two legs reaching down to the floor; with the option of having an X in place of the crossbar (ST200 style) or no legs at all. The part will be made of 6061-T6511 aluminum in the 1-inch square tubing, and 1/8"X2.00" flat bar varieties.

So far, I know I can make an RSTB for sure, and an FSTB will be known in the short future. I will be making 5-10 at a time.

Who's up for it? The first actual group buy may not be until November:cool:

I will talk to Har-Conn about powdercoating options, but I can tell you it will be a pretty large percentage of the original price, possibly nearly doubling the cost for the base model. You can also send your parts to Joe (Blu_Fuz). He does great work, and is an awesome guy.

Payment will be $70 for crossbar, $90 for cross bar with legs, and $110 for X-Style, via PMO only:cool:

Shipping will be at the buyer's expense, and only to the lower 48.

Also, if I don't get atleast 10 people intersted and ready to buy by 10/20/08, it will not happen for now, but I may consider made-to-order parts.

well i'd be down for a crossbar for sure. I'm just not sure what the difference would be between the 3. any examples from other cars?

the x bar design would distribute the cornering pressure to two points on the tower rather than the one in the standard side to side bar.

If you could make one for the rear that worked the same way the ShoShop one do:

[/IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/casterbate/silfrorstb.jpg

I like having a trunk, and would like to keep it :laugh: If you can make one like this, I soooooo down to by one!!!

If you could make one for the rear that worked the same way the ShoShop one do:

silfrorstb.jpg

I like having a trunk, and would like to keep it :laugh: If you can make one like this, I soooooo down to by one!!!

Fixed. :D

I would be down for the X /w legs, no need for a truck /w the a V70 in the fleet now I would also prefer raw metal and get it PC'ed locally.

Thanks for fixing it. My posting skills leave a lot to be desired. One of these days i'll take a refresher tour in the "read me first" posts for newbs :laugh:

I may be interested if I can't fix my Rawburt one. Can't wait to see some pics.

it would be real nice to have a strut bar for the front that could be used in a car with a full 3L swap:blackeye:

it would be real nice to have a strut bar for the front that could be used in a car with a full 3L swap:blackeye:

All I can say for that is that I would have to talk to Tony(CSVT1214) or Brian (doubtful, they're busy guys) and see if I can get time with their cars. That's why I have to doubt my ability to make an FSTB; I only have a Zetec to work with.

i'd be interested in a rear one if it looks like that one pictured. my box is a space-whore
We'll see what I can do. I have very limited funds, and MY car has to come first. I should be ordering more metal soon, though. We'll just see if I get the loan I was promised 6 months ago.

I can't do that many styles of RSTB. If it turns out more people want the space-saver over the X-Brace, then that's the one I will make. It will end up being alot cheaper for me in the long run. The "X" requires much more metal, and will be a MUCH harder part to fab up.

If it turns out more people want the space-saver over the X-Brace, then that's the one I will make. It will end up being alot cheaper for me in the long run. The "X" requires much more metal, and will be a MUCH harder part to fab up.

If it can have as much height, or be higher than the ShoShop one, I have the money for you right now :cool: I'd also like to see what your plans are for the mounting bracket? What kind of adjustment will be in the cross bar?

I would say "start a pole" about which one every one wants, but I've been in on four GB's now, and it always seems that 1/2 or more of the people who sign up, never pay, or it takes a kick in the a$$ for them to pay :nonono:

If it can have as much height, or be higher than the ShoShop one, I have the money for you right now :cool: I'd also like to see what your plans are for the mounting bracket? What kind of adjustment will be in the cross bar?

I would say "start a pole" about which one every one wants, but I've been in on four GB's now, and it always seems that 1/2 or more of the people who sign up, never pay, or it takes a kick in the a$$ for them to pay :nonono:

Jesus! 4 GB already!?!?!?!?! My Gawd man! It doesn;t look like they'll be adjustable for now, (unless it is absolutely a necessity in the costomers' eyes) I had just planned it to be a brace. I'll fab up a basic RSTB next week or the following week (just a cross bar), and we'll se how you like it.:cool:

All I can say for that is that I would have to talk to Tony(CSVT1214) or Brian (doubtful, they're busy guys) and see if I can get time with their cars. That's why I have to doubt my ability to make an FSTB; I only have a Zetec to work with.

except neither of us have straight 3L's ... I don't think anyone in NE does ...

I'm interested in optimized y pipes :laugh: Good ones that get rid of ALL the crush, not just most of it. I'll give you one to practice on if you want. I had one guy try and he cut into the main flange and lost all the shielding on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back