• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Parts, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in optimized y pipes :laugh: Good ones that get rid of ALL the crush, not just most of it. I'll give you one to practice on if you want. I had one guy try and he cut into the main flange and lost all the shielding on it.
Sounds good. If you're near Courtney and end up hanging out w/ her again,. just give it to her. She's home almost every weekend. If not, just give it to me @ the NE-CEG fall meet:cool:

DISCLAIMER:

THIS MAY BE THE ONLY ONE I DO. NOBODY COUNT ON OPTIMIZED Y-PIPES!!!!

(Just because I can say it now... I may do my own y-pipe as well:cool:)

But how would you use a y-pipe on a 4 cylinder? I guess I'm missing something. The SHO-shop RSTB would be a nice product BTW. I would be interested if I didn't already have a Bradness bar. Now, if only SVT SNOB would ever bring it to me...

1) kscontourkid
2) Chas
3)Snipey-as long as it fits around box!
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

The ShoShop bar is angled up towards the rear seat, so as long as your box sits a couple inches away from your rear seat, and these are made the same way, you'll have no problems! :cool:

But how would you use a y-pipe on a 4 cylinder? I guess I'm missing something. The SHO-shop RSTB would be a nice product BTW. I would be interested if I didn't already have a Bradness bar. Now, if only SVT SNOB would ever bring it to me...

We're talking about two different y-pipes. I'm talking about the rear one, whereas you and Chris are talking about the front (off the two exhaust manifolds). Am I correct?

I'm down for a RSTB like in the picture. I hate my trunk space being cut down with my current bar. Even with fold down seats, I still have trouble fitting stuff in there.

And yeah, 3L hybrid on my car.

Tony has a hybrid, the rest of us have ported 3L's fyi.

Ahhhm yes. IIRC, hybrids are bad for boost, right?
I'm down for a RSTB like in the picture. I hate my trunk space being cut down with my current bar. Even with fold down seats, I still have trouble fitting stuff in there.

And yeah, 3L hybrid on my car.

This seems to be the winner...:cool:

Perhaps I overlooked something here but I didn't see it mentioned...are these going to be weld/bolt in, or threaded expansion type like Rawburt's? I saw the mention that they aren't "adjustable" so I assume that means permanent-type installation? I'd rather not drill into my towers or weld to them but if that's the only option you can offer, I would still consider it after seeing a prototype. And at any rate, thanks for offering services!

*EDIT* Also, what is your idea for 1/8x2 varieties? 1/8 bar stock is very flexible.....I must not be understanding your intention.

If you could make one for the rear that worked the same way the ShoShop one do:

[/IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/casterbate/silfrorstb.jpg

I like having a trunk, and would like to keep it :laugh: If you can make one like this, I soooooo down to by one!!!

so my RSTB was made my SHO shop? im pretty sure it was custom

edit: also like to add that a dual 12" ported sub enclosure fits great with this bar

so my RSTB was made my SHO shop? im pretty sure it was custom

edit: also like to add that a dual 12" ported sub enclosure fits great with this bar

Sorry, didn't know it wasn't a ShoShop. When ShoShop was still in business, I remember them having one that looked very similar to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back