• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: OEM Roof trim parts GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright guys as promised I'm looking to put together a GB on these roof trim pieces. I'm sourcing them from a Ford UK parts Dept. The price per piece is looking to be about $45 plus shipping. The plan would be to order 10 of each LH & RH pieces shipped to my house where I would then ship them out to you. Let's get a list going.

1. CSVT#49

What kind of time frame are we looking at? I'm planning on having my roof repainted soon, but may be travelling across the continent in around six or seven weeks. I guess I could replace the old ones until the new ones are ready.

Have you confirmed that these will fit our cars without issue? (I know how thorough you are, but I need to ask ;))

What kind of time frame are we looking at? I'm planning on having my roof repainted soon, but may be travelling across the continent in around six or seven weeks. I guess I could replace the old ones until the new ones are ready.

Have you confirmed that these will fit our cars without issue? (I know how thorough you are, but I need to ask ;))

Are you sure these will fit? not all Mondeo stuff is compatible

Not sure on the time frame as I need to work out the logistic issues first. However plan on this going down within a month.

As far as fitment I gave him the Ford US part numbers and he confirmed that the numbers he gave me are the equivalent parts.

Updated to include everyone...

1. CSVT#49 2L & 2R
2. tsSVT 1L & 1R
3. SVT-R-US 1L & 1R
4. mrspindlelegs 2L & 2R
5. Plastique_synthetiX 1L & 1R
6. Nasty1 1L & 1R

As far as fitment I gave him the Ford US part numbers and he confirmed that the numbers he gave me are the equivalent parts.
Hmmm... Well maybe equivelent in location, but i would still like to be sure they are 100% same before i would be interested.

Sign me up for two of each. I'll install a set now and if I ever repaint my car, they will probably need replacing again from the removal.

"Hmmm... Well maybe equivelent in location, but i would still like to be sure they are 100% same before i would be interested."

X2. Also, I wonder if the UK source would provide detailed photos?

Given that they are really the same, I expect that I would get 2 sets -- pending shipping cost info.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Well maybe equivelent in location, but i would still like to be sure they are 100% same before i would be interested.

X2. Also, I wonder if the UK source would provide detailed photos?

Given that they are really the same, I expect that I would get 2 sets -- pending shipping cost info.

When I said equivalent it was meant in a sense that they are a direct replacement as far as service parts are concerned. However rest assured before anything starts this will be confirmed... again.

Also you guys are killing me if your interested add your name to the list. That is the whole reason why I created it. Pretty easy to quote that last list and then add your name :shrug: I don't want to accidentally miss someone because I over looked their post. This way it is on you to get your name on the interested list and not me.

All that said it looks like we have enough interest for me to order these things in bulk from the UK. I'll follow up and get the specifics when I return from my business trip. Stay tuned.

1. CSVT#49 2L & 2R
2. tsSVT 1L & 1R
3. SVT-R-US 1L & 1R
4. mrspindlelegs 2L & 2R
5. Plastique_synthetiX 1L & 1R
6. Nasty1 1L & 1R
7. UKFAN50 1L & 1R
8.Necronommicon 1L 1R

How do these adhere to the roof?

1. CSVT#49 2L & 2R
2. tsSVT 1L & 1R
3. SVT-R-US 1L & 1R