• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: morette headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are exactly what I want.. listed for the IMPREZA WRX - MY 01 on their site.

rlimpreza2000.jpg

I am sorry to be a downer but those are fugly

I would listen to them, they just look hideous and your subie deserves better. I love your subie but if you put those on it:nonono:

And Pole thought I was crazy with buying that year just so I could later buy morettes

BTW -- next up is performance mods... stage 2 is getting ordered later this week :D

i wish this were available. some people pulled out in front of me and i almost stopped in time and just barely hit em, but i need a new driverside headlight..

Forgotten about again?

Forgotten about again?

You heard Mikey's story, now here's mine:

Big Daddy Kane on old forums said:
So yeah, just got back from S&K Tuning where they did more test fitting.

Harold tells me some interesting things about Mike's car and Contours in General.

Seems Mike's car itself isn't quite proportional, which caused the lights to be quite a bit off. That and all 3 Contour bumpers they've looked at were fitted different. So they're trying to work that one out and back to the drawing board!

Harold was telling me that the NHTSA is killing them. The lights are apparantly too bright and exceed the maximum distance a headlight can illuminate
rolleyes.gif
So for you guys, they are gonna have to put a relay in to where the low beams cut off when you turn on the high beams (ala GM style).

After all that, they were experimenting with using some bright LEDs for turn signals, but alas, the NHTSA says it has to be 4" square. So on the SRT-4, they tried 4" square of LEDs... can you guess the outcome? Too bright! Damn NHTSA
troutslap.gif

Supposedly they had the TUV, NHTSA, and whatever is the Japanese regulation place all meet up in a single room to discuss different regulations and how they can comprimse.

Canadians can get whatever Morette decides to make! You can have the Euro cut off with all 4 beams operating... Lucky!
tongue.gif

Good news is that the light assemblies are a direct swap with the Mondeo ones, if you wish to have the Euro sharp cutoff.

They also sell HID assemblies that can go in there
ponder.gif
Only thing is he said they are about $600 on top of whatever they will cost (didn't have info on that).

So anyway, enough blabbing, here's the pics:

Click for 1600x1200 full size

Damn 10 pic limit... to be continued!

Big Daddy Kane from old forums said:

High beam Euro assembly:

Low beam Euro assembly:

Note that I only posted the Morette specific pics here, for the other pics I took, go here...

Funny thing was a little Renault came in for S&K to swap out their stock headlights for some aftermarket ones. Harold and the other guy (never caught his name) were laughing about them b/c they were "Taiwanese" lights... They didn't even come with all the parts! Luckily S&K is attached to a Renault dealer, which had the parts (couple pieces of wiring to convert from single to dual lamp and the headlight electric "dim-dip" feature).

So that's one reason why Morettes are a bit more expensive... guess it's like the MSDS/W-R thing... either ya pay more and get a complete set, or gotta hunt for parts later.

Now if the NHTSA would just compromise with em!

Never got the free set like Mikey did, nor did I ever hear back from Harold ever since. Guess they hosed me or something :(

BTW, last email I ever got from Harold was back in May of 2006 (wow, nearly 2 years ago) with him telling me I would be recieving my set in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions...

1. I'm assuming that the price does not include the Morette's being painted to match body color?

2. Can the Morette's internals withstand the heat from a 100w bulbs?

3. Can you ask Ryan if just the plastic external Morette cosmetic peice (the part you paint) could be purchased seperatly?

I'll answer these with what I knew back when they test fitted them on my car.

1. doubt it...

2. I'm sure they would, the optics were all glass/metal. Only the surround was supposed to be fiberglass.

3. I asked Harold this, he said no. I think they wouldn't make enough money off just the fiberglass piece, or it wouldn't be worth it for what they need to sell them for to turn a profit.

I can buy replacement masks for my Subie so yes, the front mask plate should be available to purchase on its own if they do end up producing a batch.

The units are pieces which are later put together seperately.

see this diagram - they arent cheap though.

fastwrx_1993_187181345

the Mondeo and Contour ones are also assembled like above and look the same once pulled apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back