• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Summer 2007 Meet

Derk, Thanks for coming it was very nice to meet you and your wife. Although I admit she did look a bit pale after Hwy 53 :laugh: .

I am sure we all enjoyed your new puffed-corn-all-over-the-truck mod much more than you did :laugh:.

Looking forward to seeing you again at the next one, and you are more than welcome for lunch it was my pleasure indeed.

Your not the only one that deserves one of these:troutslap: You were behind me when I rolled down my rear window and who knows where my flag is :nonono:

Bob, It was great to meet you and your wife, it is a very small world after all. Hope you can join us on the next run, or perhaps at a track day.

Aron, and Marty I had a great time with you guys there at Seaside, and enjoyed the drive and conversation. As of now I am up for the track day. It was almost scary that we had so many similar thoughts and interests.

Need to post pics later.

Regards,
AF

Did you ever have that feeling of being followed? Every time I looked in the mirror I saw this Audi.... with nice side markers :laugh:
08-11-07_1132.jpg

Then in front there were these two Black SVT's how cool is that:laugh:
08-11-07_1119.jpg
08-11-07_1137.jpg

Contour parking in Tillamook at the cheese factory. Did you know they have a special place for us :cool: Plenty of room just think you coulda been there too....
PIC00003.jpg

Ok Audi's too LOL
PIC00008.jpg

Hey Derk, I got called to work because some jerk cut a hole in a fence. So I loaded up Aussie, grabbed the bag of caramel corn, and headed off to wait on the fence guy to show up and fix it. My dear wife reminded me not to do your puffed-corn-all-over-the-truck mod and handed me a large zip lock bag as I went out the door :laugh:

Nothing like an ice cream break on a sunny day..... especially with Tours :laugh:
PIC00001.jpg
PIC00004.jpg

You know how it seems there is always a bit of a ham around......
PIC00002.jpg

Taking a bit-o-break after a certain mod happened on Hwy 53. I hear it is exclusive to Audi's, but that is just a rumor...... one can only hope is true
PIC00013.jpg

Taking a bit-o-break after a certain mod happened on Hwy 53. I hear it is exclusive to Audi's, but that is just a rumor...... one can only hope is true

Naw, I coulda done that to any car. :cool:
I was just thinking, I shoulda turned off my ESP. Of course, then my wife would have said "TOO FAST" more than a time or two...:blackeye:

Naw, I coulda done that to any car. :cool:
I was just thinking, I shoulda turned off my ESP. Of course, then my wife would have said "TOO FAST" more than a time or two...:blackeye:

You know my wife thought I could have easily done that mod too.. I wonder where she gets her thinking sometimes :blackeye:

When I told her about the curves her comment was "did ya feel me poking your leg and saying to slow down?" Must be a wife thing :laugh: but I gotta admit it did come to mind LOL. Guess after almost 30 yrs she's with me even when she's not :laugh:

I'd try to explain all the antennae on Marty's car by pointing out the "police interceptor" badge on the back. And the next time he does bumper cars or go carts, he should bring a clip-on antenna.

About female partners telling people to slow down,... Ameshia has borrowed/driven my car a bit of late. Now that she's starting to get familiar with it, she's admitted to doing a shift at over 6000 rpm. Maybe I need to drop the rev limiter back to stock when she has the car.

It was good to meet up with everyone Saturday. Maybe it was good that my other event kept me from going to Tillamook, those who have seen me pig out would suggest there would not be any ice cream left over for you.

And "the wife" says Hello. She's leery of joining up on this site. (tee-hee - Per Ameshia)

As the caption says "You know how it seems there is always a bit of a ham around......" just a little pun about ham radio..... as it turns out GN and I are both HAMS. This was just one of several common intersts we share beyond Tours.

ham radio, what's that? lol, jk, just taking a stab at you old folks :p
seriously, now, looking at the pics, if i'd have come, it'd have looked like you guys were bringing your son or nephew or somethin along! do the young 'fellers' ever show up to the meets?

"ham radio, what's that? lol, jk, just taking a stab at you old folks :p "

In all fairness I should warn you that science and skill never beat old age and treachery! :cool:

Ya you young'ns show up, at times.. when ya don't mind getting run over in the cruves or knocked off the track at bumper cars....:laugh:

One thing to remember time goes by quicker than you think, after all the car you drive is already obslete.... yet with a bit-o-care it will put the new models in the dust..:ponder:

yeah, you guys probably would beat us in the curves. after all, i'm a struggling student who can barely afford any upgrades, while you guys got those tricked out svt's. [/display of jealousy]

Well my young friend, be bit adventurious and come out to our next meet. I'll ensure the other old guys take it easy on you :laugh: After all being a student you are seeking knowledge, and they say wisdom comes with age so hanging out with us old guys may even further your education a bit :cool: I might even drive my wife's 95 Z that way there will be at least two of us enjoying the scenery LOL.

After hearing about GN taking his Escourt wagon to the track and running it at PIR I came to the conclusion everything is acceptable on the road, and ya don't need an SVT for fun....... but it isn't ever about need so my next Tour may be an SVT:laugh:

Last edited:
Back