• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I spotted a Contour...

Silver frost on i96 between nunica and coopersville. looked like a nice brake kit with aftermarket wheels. I didnt know there was another silfro over by the lakeshore. I wasjust happy to just see a csvt, i go months without seeing one while on the road.

Yours looked pretty good also. was glad i spotted you coming on 96, a good reason for me to give it some gas to catch up. i cant take to much responsibility for mine, i just keep it looking great! a guy on here from the chi area who did all of the work. i got it for two years from chris in gr (owns the yellow bondurant csvt) and over the winter it got an unanticipated (and unbudgeted for!!) trans rebuild and key tower mod from terry haines. its got 102,000 on it and is great to drive. Im glad im not the only person who goes forever inbetween csvt sightings, yours is the first i have had on the road since last summer. there are not very many in the muskegon area.

Spotted two CSVT's today.

Saw the a black CSVT east of Reedsburg, WI about 12:30pm on Hwy 23/33 traveling east.

Then saw a T-Red CSVT eastbound on I-94 near Waukesha around 3pm. It had handicap WI plates and a blond girl wearing her hair in a pony tail was driving. She got off the interstate at Moorland Rd and headed south thru New Berlin.

i saw a black svt in a dealer parking lot with no cars in it. it was in joliet over by Cass & Briggs Ave. it had no plates on the car. i stopped in to ask about it but they said it was a private owned car. just wondering if it was anybody here. he said the trans was shot in the car. i want to maybe try & pick it up for a parts car.

i saw a black svt in a dealer parking lot with no cars in it. it was in joliet over by Cass & Briggs Ave. it had no plates on the car. i stopped in to ask about it but they said it was a private owned car. just wondering if it was anybody here. he said the trans was shot in the car. i want to maybe try & pick it up for a parts car.

Was the body in bad shape? If the body isn't in bad shape and it's just a trans, the car should be saved, not parted.

the body looked to be ok.needed some work here & there. i dont know much about the car. all's the guy said was the tranny was shot but it still drives. waiting to hear back on it. i am hoping it is just the tranny & he dont want to much, id like to get it & switch out the tranny with mine. id like to hav a black 1 again. ill try to swing by it again in the next couple days & get some pics of it. so mayb in case something goes were i cant pick it up & maybe 1 of you guys would like to hav a go @ it.

the body looked to be ok.needed some work here & there. i dont know much about the car. all's the guy said was the tranny was shot but it still drives. waiting to hear back on it. i am hoping it is just the tranny & he dont want to much, id like to get it & switch out the tranny with mine. id like to hav a black 1 again. ill try to swing by it again in the next couple days & get some pics of it. so mayb in case something goes were i cant pick it up & maybe 1 of you guys would like to hav a go @ it.

Trans issue but still drives, I wonder if its the 3rd gear synchro...

Keep us posted.

here are a couple pics of the car i was able to get this morning. its actually not to bad looking. it has a little over 118k on it. the engine is pretty clean no major damage, just a few little scratches. the inside was clean, just the center console was taken apart & the shifter was out. dont know how it runs though. it was like 6 in the morning when i took these & no 1 was there. im hoping the owner will call me & give me some more info. ill keep u posted when i hear.
751..jpg752 (2)..jpg750..jpg749 (2)..jpg

here are a couple pics of the car i was able to get this morning. its actually not to bad looking. it has a little over 118k on it. the engine is pretty clean no major damage, just a few little scratches. the inside was clean, just the center console was taken apart & the shifter was out. dont know how it runs though. it was like 6 in the morning when i took these & no 1 was there. im hoping the owner will call me & give me some more info. ill keep u posted when i hear.
View attachment 11801View attachment 11802View attachment 11803View attachment 11804
i talked to the guy on this the other day. said he's asking $800 for it. said only has trans issus & needs the parking brake fixed, but other than that its supposed to be fine. body seems to be in good shape, i think i am going to pass on it cuz i found another that i fell for & am going to pick up. so if any1 is interested i can give you the location & phone # to reach them on the car.

Black SVT with HID's on 91st in Oak Lawn last night around 9:30. I'm the one that yelled "I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!". Anyone?

Saw a stock E1 T-Red SVT in Sheboygan, WI. tonight. I had to rev the engine to get the driver's attention. Haven't seen a T-Red SVT around here in a long long time!

Back