• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I mocked up the fmic

There is no sacrafice for performance/looks. And having both inlet and outlet on the same side is just dumb dumb poo poo pants, mine is better cause I am me and thats that,lol

Ryan... you need to research more. :laugh:

If I had gone with the NPG kit, I would have replaced the intercooler with this (or a custom version if it didn't fit right): http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=80
spearco%20web%20intercooler.jpg

^That may be the case buuuuuuut like I said before I am not messing with the piping thats already on there and they dont both come out the same side.

Oh no, I understand not wanting to mess with the kit... I just wanted to make it clear that those also are good intercoolers.

Looks like it'll do a better job then the original you had on there, question though, wouldn't it be wiser to get it ceramic coated over anything else? I have had this done on my motorbike and I'm still amazed at the reduction in heat.

I do like the new set-up looks alot better then the other. If the pipeing is fine i wouldnt mess with it as of now, there is a loss i know that but i didnt notice it much on my GSX and my piping was run pretty crappy for a while.

If i can find a pic of that car ill post it but i dont think i have anymore.

Ryan is that a 2.5? or a 3L i dont remember?

I do like the new set-up looks alot better then the other. If the pipeing is fine i wouldnt mess with it as of now, there is a loss i know that but i didnt notice it much on my GSX and my piping was run pretty crappy for a while.

If i can find a pic of that car ill post it but i dont think i have anymore.

Ryan is that a 2.5? or a 3L i dont remember?

Its a 3l

And its done. I woke up this morning and thought why not just get some aluminum and bolt it on, and I did

Make the brackets.
fmicfinished001.jpg

Self tapped into the frame and they are on there TIGHT with rubber backed washers
fmicfinished003.jpg

fmicfinished002.jpg

fmicfinished004.jpg

fmicfinished005.jpg

Cut the bumper support to fit over the fmic, that was a pain in the rear
fmicfinished006.jpg

fmicfinished007.jpg

fmicfinished008.jpg

fmicfinished009.jpg

fmicfinished010.jpg

My battery is at advance auto on a deep cycle charge since its dead, I will pick it up tomorow after work and see what it feels like tomorow night.

No cause thats alot more than I am willing to take on right now. Plus I like the layout as it sits. Unless its going to make a big difference then its staying the same, turbo guys chime in here please and tell me if the way it sits will be fine:shrug:

unfortunately they're right ryan. ideally, u want little or nuthn obstructing the FMIC's path of direct air. i dont know how hot it gets out there, but out here, it needs all the cool air it can get. secondly, it does look better if its lowered. it'll work. thats not the problem. u got a bigger IC for a reason... a larger surface area for more power. what u have now is the smaller one u had b4 technically.

Back