• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I mocked up the fmic

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
I finally got around to mocking up the larger fmic from nautilus this morning, now all I have to do get get some brackets welded to the core support to bolt the fmic on, and notch the back of the bumper support and its all done.

Start
fmicmockup001.jpg

The smaller one
fmicmockup004.jpg

fmicmockup006.jpg

Look at that big filter
fmicmockup005.jpg

The new one is much larger
fmicmockup010.jpg

Installed, its only supported by the couplers so it needs the brackets
fmicmockup012.jpg

fmicmockup013.jpg

fmicmockup015.jpg

i thought it was getting Powder coated black.....

maybe i was seeing sentences that werent true.

Well like Joey has said before the one one was the bottleneck, he thinks it left atleast 30whp to be free, this one should free up all that extra hp at the same boost levels.

The smaller one is 21"X6"X2.75", each vein only being 1/4" = 5.5" square of port area of flow

And the larger is 26"x10"x3" veins also 1/4" but the flow is top to bottom so you have 24" squared of port area of flow 80% less resistance with the same amount of cooling area the intercooler will flow over 700 hp

From Joey
side to side mounts are not great unless you get them 12" tall for pressure drop which may be fine for guys who want to stay under 400 hp but anytime you free up the load on the turbo wheel you free up the exhaust turbine wheel allowing the exhaust to flow better

I just adjusted the elbows and zip tied it on so this is the way it will sit with the brackets, I am going to measure how far out and down they need to be then give that to my welder to cut out and get ready, and so I can trim the bumper support.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

It would but numerous people in another thread got me to the right coating but I am gonna leave it as is.

Well thanks man, yeah I dont do alot to my own cars but this is way too easy for someone else to do for me. It took maybe an hour start to finish.

I already have them, well when Bagged gets finished re doing my projectors, I have some projector h.i.d's I bought from aliasjerk.

Will you be putting the car on the dyno after this? It would be cool to see before and after. I remember you dyno'd from the trailblazer meet. The new FMIC looks a lot better too.

Yes I will but I need to get it re-tuned from Joey first. I am just waiting on him to pm me with what I need to do to accept a tune file ect... since I havent ever done that before.

That looks sweet. You will def be putting down better numbers!!!

Man you need to bring that thing to sz09 :)

Back