• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I give the hell up

i'm done with the car, i'm sick of it. sick of the lack to support and things not going the way i want them to. i went to put the pully on, torqued it down to spec and the pully got chewed up and screwed up the crank pully bolt. had to spend 85 bucks to get it fixed. in the past year, my 3 best friends got new cars, a VW GTI, Saturn ION, Porsche 944, and my gf got a 07 Ford Fusion. i took a ride in the 944 and fell in love with it (i've always liked them) So i have decided to save all the money i would be putting into my 'stique and put it in my savings to save up for 1 of 4 cars. A Porsche 924S, Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 944, or a Foxbody 5.0 Mustang for when i graduate in 2 years from college. i'm sick of having this ugly slow ass 4 door that gets no respect from any one. i'll maintain it the way i have been, and take really good care of it, but NO more money is going into modifications. the 36MPG's i'm gettin out of the car is good enough and as long as i drive reasonable and save just about every dime i should have the money for a much nicer car in 2 years.

hahahahaha

It feels good to be right.

GOD you guys drive me f***in nuts! i knew the bolt wasnt TTY, i'm not retarded, i check it out myself first. and why is it that all of you ass holes have to gloat around about how i wouldnt make it, STFU. and for the after college car, my GF and i have decided that i get a car right out of college since she just got a 2007 FUSION. i'm only looking for a cheap, 2,000-4,000 dollar fox body stang. and i dont have any student loans, i'm paying cash for all of my schooling.

classifieds are not allowed in general discussion, take it to pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOD you guys drive me f***in nuts! i knew the bolt wasnt TTY, i'm not retarded, i check it out myself first. and why is it that all of you ass holes have to gloat around about how i wouldnt make it, STFU. and for the after college car, my GF and i have decided that i get a car right out of college since she just got a 2007 FUSION. i'm only looking for a cheap, 2,000-4,000 dollar fox body stang. and i dont have any student loans, i'm paying cash for all of my schooling.

striker, if you wanna give me 2500 for the car, its yours. its got new tires, brakes, lights, interior is damn near mint, rest of the car is clean.

calm down buddy. dont get too worked up over a mystique. I think a fox body would be a great buy. i would like to pick one up myself. it would have the power you want... but it wouldnt really be practicle for the winter with the RWD... you also have to look into that. and you still might have to put some money into that because its so old. if your looking for a "nice" car... i wouldnt get something that old for a DD. if you want a mustang get like a 2000ish or seomthign. wait to get the fox untill you have the funds to have a summer and a winter car.

striker, if you wanna give me 2500 for the car, its yours. its got new tires, brakes, lights, interior is damn near mint, rest of the car is clean.

Why does your GF have ANY say in what YOU'LL be doing when you graduate? Is she buying you a car?

As far as the Fox Body goes, I think you'll find yourself fixing things constantly, and you'll be lucky if you get HALF of that 37 MPG that you seem to love so much.

unless he buys one already restored or somehting. but you still have the gas milage as well as the RWD in the winter a FB stang really isnt a winter car by any means... well any stang for that matter. i mean its posssible, but not smart at all.

good luck finding a fox body stang you dont have to put a heck of a lot more money into than you have probably put into the mystique. What do you expect out of a 14 year old economy sedan?

Seriously, if you dont want problems buy a new car and dont mod it. When you modify a car you are gonna have hickups and problems here and there. The fun of modifying a car is making it different from everyone elses, knowing that you did something that matters, and being able to do something that most people cant or wont ever do. Most people cant even change their oil or tires now days. Feel proud that you mod your car, who needs respect. Respect yourself, if you need other people to make you feel good about yourself then you are never gonna feel good about yourself, cause there will always be someone who puts you down or doesnt like you.

Dang, I didnt expect someone with such a clean beautiful mystique to whine so bad about a little thing like that. Anyways, when you are done with school get back to us and let us know how much higher your maintenance and gas costs are, and how glad you are you upgraded from your efficient Zetec to a car that is at least 2 years older, probably has been mistreated more, and uses an inefficient OHV.

RWD no good in the winter? People have been doing it for over 100 years. Good winter tires and some sense is all you need.

my mustang was TERRIBLE last winter. this year, i bought the nicest snow tires i could find, and threw some sand bags in the back. i couldn't be happier

RWD no good in the winter? People have been doing it for over 100 years. Good winter tires and some sense is all you need.

yeah, 100 years ago the cars didnt have NEARLY the horsepower we have today, i mean good luck doing a burn out in a stock model A which had a whopping 40HP(according to auto week.). Plus they were MUCH higer with more ground clearence, skinner tires and 21 in wheels, god luck getting stuck.

I have a fully restored 1931 MOdel A with the origional body, fenders, etc. i know that thing isnt going to get stuck in the snow. thats what they were made for, they didnt have the roads we have today, nor did they salt them to get rid of the ice

Now i also have a 1966 Thunderbird with a 428 cobrajet engine dynoed at over 500whp. thats not 100 years but still RWD. good luck with that thing in the snow. even in the rain. Also, good luck stopping it in snow or rain. auto trans that chirps the tires under regular accleration in 3rd

yeah you can get a RWD car to drive decent in the snow, but thats with modern technology so its pointless to bring up 100 years ago. now a days there are much much better options. again... if you want a fox body, wait untill you can afford it for summer only and expect to put cash into it

Now i also have a 1966 Thunderbird with a 428 cobrajet engine dynoed at over 500whp. thats not 100 years but still RWD. good luck with that thing in the snow. even in the rain. Also, good luck stopping it in snow or rain. auto trans that chirps the tires under regular accleration in 3rd

This is a terrible example. Your car is in no way representative of cars from that era as a whole. Considering ONLY handling, braking, and control in the snow, a Fox-body Mustang isn't going to be significantly better than, say, a 1963 Falcon, given equal tires. There's nothing "new-fangled" about the Mustang that makes it better in the snow. Fuel injection makes it more reliable, but it won't help you stop any quicker.

it was acctually a fair example. i was describing a car from 100 years ago which is what oberthecat said to and extreme example of a mid 60s car(about half way of the Model a and today) i never said there was anythign "new-fangled" about the mustang making it better. although its completly different than a car from 100 years ago.

plus the mustang is worse in the snow which was my whole point. the modern technology i was talking about is the snow tires and chains and what not that they never had 100 years ago. oberthecat making a compairson between a FB stang vs a 100 year old car isnt a fair compairson. yeah they were RWD but they were build for those conditions. the FB mustang was built for performance and such, they are low and RWD... not what you want in the winter.

Also the falcon you brought up is still different. Not the same power, weight, height, etc. the FB stang is really a low powerfull car. the FB GT was the fastest car in its class( at least at one point) and making compairson between older cars really isnt fair on so many levels

he also stated you need sense to dirve a FB in the winter... most people dont have that.

it was acctually a fair example. i was describing a car from 100 years ago which is what oberthecat said to and extreme example of a mid 60s car(about half way of the Model a and today) i never said there was anythign "new-fangled" about the mustang making it better. although its completly different than a car from 100 years ago.

plus the mustang is worse in the snow which was my whole point. the modern technology i was talking about is the snow tires and chains and what not that they never had 100 years ago. oberthecat making a compairson between a FB stang vs a 100 year old car isnt a fair compairson. yeah they were RWD but they were build for those conditions. the FB mustang was built for performance and such, they are low and RWD... not what you want in the winter.

Also the falcon you brought up is still different. Not the same power, weight, height, etc. the FB stang is really a low powerfull car. the FB GT was the fastest car in its class( at least at one point) and making compairson between older cars really isnt fair on so many levels

he also stated you need sense to dirve a FB in the winter... most people dont have that.

I was specifically referring to the part of your post that I quoted. You call it an "extreme" example. I call it a "terrible" example. Same thing.

Yep. They've also been contributing to the local junk yards for about that long. :) Look hard enough and you'll probably find an old Galaxy with the bodies still sitting there screaming.

Back