• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I give the hell up

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
i'm done with the car, i'm sick of it. sick of the lack to support and things not going the way i want them to. i went to put the pully on, torqued it down to spec and the pully got chewed up and screwed up the crank pully bolt. had to spend 85 bucks to get it fixed. in the past year, my 3 best friends got new cars, a VW GTI, Saturn ION, Porsche 944, and my gf got a 07 Ford Fusion. i took a ride in the 944 and fell in love with it (i've always liked them) So i have decided to save all the money i would be putting into my 'stique and put it in my savings to save up for 1 of 4 cars. A Porsche 924S, Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 944, or a Foxbody 5.0 Mustang for when i graduate in 2 years from college. i'm sick of having this ugly slow ass 4 door that gets no respect from any one. i'll maintain it the way i have been, and take really good care of it, but NO more money is going into modifications. the 36MPG's i'm gettin out of the car is good enough and as long as i drive reasonable and save just about every dime i should have the money for a much nicer car in 2 years.

screw that man you should make it RWD

sorry i couldnt help myself LOL

ha, right, if i do anything with the car, it wíll be take the engine out and put it into a Ford Tempo that lookes like my old one cuz no one has put a Zetec in a Tempo before, i've seen the SHO engine in a Topaz and wasnt too impressed.

oh and it should be 1 of 5 cars, not 4, i forgot Taurus SHO 5 speed. (i know it doesnt fit in with the rest as the rest are RWD)

That is why I love my little "sleeper". I get immediate respect from everyone when I push the loud pedel.

My other cars attracted too much attention. I didn't want a "boy racer" car, just one that was extremely fast and good handling.

Respect comes in the form of a Turbo 3.0 my son...

i'm done with the car, i'm sick of it. sick of the lack to support and things not going the way i want them to. i went to put the pully on, torqued it down to spec and the pully got chewed up and screwed up the crank pully bolt. had to spend 85 bucks to get it fixed.

you just dont friggan listen, I told you specifically, you CANNOT reuse crankshaft bolts, they are TTY.

Further more, we all told you this a long ass time ago about modding that car, we told you to save your money, find something fast and keep the mystique as a daily driver and maintain it.

so what, you made a mistake it happens. i wish i made 85 dollar mistakes mine always cost thousands.
wait till your working on one of those porsches those are cheap to fix:laugh:
and what dont you get support with did you ask anyone to help you with any questions? from jareds post sounds like someone did help you to me and you just suck at fixing your shiz. i liked the photo threads better than the crying thread

good choice Mystique;)

and 928:drool::drool: my dads friend rebuilds porsches and sells them. too bad he stayed in FL when we moved. but ANYTHING porsche, let me know and ill try to get a hold of him.

you just dont friggan listen, I told you specifically, you CANNOT reuse crankshaft bolts, they are TTY.

Further more, we all told you this a long ass time ago about modding that car, we told you to save your money, find something fast and keep the mystique as a daily driver and maintain it.

B:mad:S, Ive reused mine twice!

1. Took off to UDP
2. Took off again to take off UDP, installed stock crank

So alias, I call BS.

Last edited:
bull F*** S***, Ive reused mine twice!

1. Took off to UDP

So alias, I call BS.

Agreed. May I suggest looking at the "axle nut" thread? If the TTY bolt is in good condition then it can be reused.

But, 95_Mystique, all I can say it....FINALLY ;)

If the TTY bolt is in good condition then it can be reused.

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. How can a bolt that was torqued to yield be in good condition... When it yields, the bolt actually stretches. Sure you can reuse it, but keep in mind TTY bolts are designed to deform. once the yield point is passed, the bolt becomes permanently stretched and does not return to its original length. People need to stop being cheap asses!

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. How can a bolt that was torqued to yield be in good condition... When it yields, the bolt actually stretches. Sure you can reuse it, but keep in mind TTY head bolts are designed to deform. once the yield point is passed, the bolt becomes permanently stretched and does not return to its original length. People need to stop being cheap asses!

RARA has mentioned in a previous thread about the TTY wheel studs. That in most cases reusing them if they look to be in good condition, it is fine and safe for reuse. The same principle is being held here.

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. How can a bolt that was torqued to yield be in good condition... When it yields, the bolt actually stretches. Sure you can reuse it, but keep in mind TTY bolts are designed to deform. once the yield point is passed, the bolt becomes permanently stretched and does not return to its original length. People need to stop being cheap asses!
Totally true. Not sure how much this part was, but I remember the Axle nut being like 50 cents. Why the hell not replace it? If you're going to do it, do it right the first time and this won't happen.

none of this matters in this case because the Zetec crankshaft pulley bolt is NOT a TTY bolt.

how do you :censored::censored::censored::censored: up installing a crank pulley?

If your so pissed off at it, give me the car. ill put it to good use and install my turbo kit :D:D:D

I think that we've been trying to tell you exactly this for a LONG time. :rolleyes: Good luck with whatever you end up with.

RARA has mentioned in a previous thread about the TTY wheel studs. That in most cases reusing them if they look to be in good condition, it is fine and safe for reuse. The same principle is being held here.

The amount the bolt actually stretches will not be visible to the eye, so how do you plan on determining if its in good condition or not?

bull F*** S***, Ive reused mine twice!

1. Took off to UDP

So alias, I call BS.

Hum, engineering class professor, ford engineers, and my engineering student friend, and bagged, and 3 other members who chimed in think otherwise.

TTY bolts are built to stretch out, I have reused a crank bolt in my Zetec car as well, I wasnt proud of it but it was midnight and I needed the car driving the next day, and it never gave me an issue. But its a $7 bolt to avoid a possible bigger problem, so I ended up replacing it asap.

none of this matters in this case because the Zetec crankshaft pulley bolt is NOT a TTY bolt.

how do you :censored::censored::censored::censored: up installing a crank pulley?

If your so pissed off at it, give me the car. ill put it to good use and install my turbo kit :D:D:D

This I didnt know; I thought the crank bolt on the zetec and duratec were the same, but I suppose since I am wrong it just makes this guy look more like an idiot, how do you eff up installing a crank pulley?

if it streches that little... what difference if you reuse it or not. i think by good condition they mean the threads and every thing is okay?

Back