• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I finally did it

I agree, it sounds like s**t in the videos but in person, it does not. I MAY put a small res in when I get the piping redone in the spring just to take the little amount there is (in person).
I won't be taking any photos of the welds. No need. But you can see how the piping is ran in the second video.
But, since we're on the topic of piping, Harrry, what size would be optimal?

Mike

Mike the reason i ask is some times exhaust leaks cause the exhaust tone to change. It looks like the welds are not very clean. Which is fine...as long as the welds are complete and solid is where my concern lies.

I don't know what you have on the car for me to recommend. I don't know how far back the pipping goes what size it is? Whats the inlet and outlet of the muffler.:shrug:

I had just finished cleaning up all the welds and making sure the exhaust was not leaking, hence why it was on the hoist. That and I had to check on a stupid vacuum tube that I broke.
The in of the muffler is 2.5 and the outs are 2.25 with 4" tips. I have done nothing to the car except a MAF adapter with filter on it. I plan to optimize the Y' pipe and TB. That's it.

Mike

Back