• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I finally did it

^ Thank you!
And thank you Harrry.. I guess the best option for my car is to optimize the stock TB then?
And I've been doing a little poking around about optimizing my Y-pipe. I'm sure the muffler would only sound better with a smoother flow.

Mike

^ Thank you!
And thank you Harrry.. I guess the best option for my car is to optimize the stock TB then?
And I've been doing a little poking around about optimizing my Y-pipe. I'm sure the muffler would only sound better with a smoother flow.

Mike

Tell me about your exhaust from the front to back. i can offer advice on anything you wish to adjust or change what your looking for exhaust wise.

^ Thank you!

Mike

Y-pipe is a must. Since that is the 2nd biggest bottle neck on our exhaust systems.

I'll look into that more. Thanks.
My exhaust is stock size, stock cats (20miles on them), stock Y, res. removed and obviously the muffler.

Mike

Resonator, y-pipe and then headers?

Imho..
Resonator is the cheapest of the bunch. 1-3 whp (2" inlet 2" outlet")
Y-pipe you already know the cramped two 2 inch tubes..:blackeye: 2-4whp
Then the headers..who doesn't want 6-9whp gains.

Plus the level of sound changes dramatically for headers... which is the reason i mention doing headers last. :cool:

or you could do the poor mans version of headers and get the pre cats gutted? :cool: not quite as good as headers but still worth it.

I have a couple more videos now, but photobucket isn't working well and won't upload them. I'll keep trying or does anyone else know how to?

Mike

plug_ears.jpg

Needs more resonator.

I don't know...but can you take a pictures of the exhaust itself? The welds etc etc and the way you ran the exhaust?

I agree, it sounds like s**t in the videos but in person, it does not. I MAY put a small res in when I get the piping redone in the spring just to take the little amount there is (in person).
I won't be taking any photos of the welds. No need. But you can see how the piping is ran in the second video.
But, since we're on the topic of piping, Harrry, what size would be optimal?

Mike

Back