• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I/C Reproduction SVT Jack Point Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and at the same time these are also the most common parts that fall off or need to be replaced. If these are the only ones available, you get the idea.
As for price point, the goal would be to reproduce them at price at or less then the Ford dealer price. (with emphasis on below)

I get the idea, but even then with the supplier being the sole source for parts, there is only a limited population of these cars.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shoot any of this down as I am on board for parts. However at the same time I want to make sure that this supplier knows what the potential volumes are and is still willing to help us out... as I have experienced this more the a few times where everyone gets there hopes up and then bam, once the company finds out the true volumes they'll be seeing they back out. Or the opposite happens CEGer's find out how much this is truly going to cost them (because the volumes are so low) that then no one invests and the deal with the supplier falls apart.

That said I'll be intently watching this thread as I am very interested. Keep us posted!

Interested!

Interested!

I don't currently have a need, but I am planning on finding/getting a set to have as spares. So, I'd also be in - price dependent.

I'm definitely in for 4, and 8 if the price is right. A painted option would be super-awesome. I'm just waiting for mine to fall off, because each one has at least one attachment point broken. They've got those little plastic cords holding them on, but I don't trust those to hold.

I'm definitely in for 4, and 8 if the price is right. A painted option would be super-awesome. I'm just waiting for mine to fall off, because each one has at least one attachment point broken. They've got those little plastic cords holding them on, but I don't trust those to hold.

Surprisingly enough, those little cords hold on for dear life. My dad had one jackpoint cover with all the attachment points broken and it finally decided to just drop down and dangle. My dad didn't care because it was his commuter car, so he ran it for another 3 weeks with a daily commute of 200 miles before the noise got too annoying and he just cut it off.

But back on topic, I'd be in, definitely, I've only got one on the 'tour I just got, and its cracked, so I'll definitely be needing some more of them. Price dependent as well (but I really don't expect it to be too much, there's maybe a dollar worth of materials in each one, so 5-10 bucks each is my guess. I may be horribly wrong, however.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back