• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I/C Reproduction SVT Jack Point Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldTour

I Feel More Like I Do Now Then When I First Got He
With new OEM plastic body parts becoming increasingly scarce I've been in talks with an outside source about reproducing various replacement pieces for the SVT Contour (jack point covers, grill inserts, side skirts, front & rear bumpers, etc.)

I feel the best way to get things rolling is to start small and work our way up and the smallest thing that people may have a need for are jack point covers.

So how about some feedback on the subject, what do you guys think?

Mark

arent the jack point covers still readily available? last time i got some i was told there were plenty left.

arent the jack point covers still readily available? last time i got some i was told there were plenty left.

They are out of production, however, there may be some limited stock available. I chose the covers more as an inexpensive piece as a starting point provided if enough people want them.

I think teamfordparts just ran out.

smalls said:
thanks guys. we can lock this thread. i bought the last one in fords system today. thanks anyways

About a year ago I bought 2 of them just to save, he said at the time there were only about 60 left. I then bought another 4 about 6 months ago just for fun ;).

I just called TeamFord.... They have 4 jackpoint covers in stock supposedly. Im buying 6 of them.

i wouldnt mind grill inserts. also factory grill mesh without the plastic oval. Not interested in JP covers though, sorry.

Would we know who the source is?

EDIT: Not questioning your judgement, just curious to see what else they could produce before I ask.

As I said, the covers would be a stepping stone to larger items.

As I'm sure everyone is wondering... what are we looking at for part costs? Knowing CEG you are not going to have a large sales volume on any of these parts... I'm thinking JP covers are even going to be a stretch. Does this source of yours realize this? As I'm wondering if they will still be willing to work with us knowing that fact. Now that said I myself am very interested in a new front bumper and possibly a rear bumper and side skirts.

As I'm sure everyone is wondering... what are we looking at for part costs? Knowing CEG you are not going to have a large sales volume on any of these parts... I'm thinking JP covers are even going to be a stretch. Does this source of yours realize this? As I'm wondering if they will still be willing to work with us knowing that fact. Now that said I myself am very interested in a new front bumper and possibly a rear bumper and side skirts.

Yes and at the same time these are also the most common parts that fall off or need to be replaced. If these are the only ones available, you get the idea.
As for price point, the goal would be to reproduce them at price at or less then the Ford dealer price. (with emphasis on below)

I bet you would really get people interested if you could work out a painted price. i bet if they made enough you could pre-paint them in a large batch and keep it still relatively cheap. I mean, it is only 4 colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back