• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I <3 Ground Controls

mine had 20k and when removed my stock struts were still in great shape:shrug:

I put my GC on stockers at the 110,000 mile mark and just switched to konis a little over a year ago at 200,000 miles when the first strut blew. The ride quality did not change when I went to konis FYI. Same crap, just looks better... I was low enough on my stock struts to tuck 16s with 205/55s on them:
Joes_Pre-98.3.jpg

Now tucked with 225/40/18:
DSC00901.JPG

and yours lasted that long on very old struts so maybe the peanut gallery doesnt know everything:laugh: for you to blow the struts in 2k you would have to be jumping crap

Pretty sure we have first hand knowledge. Gr8ride's car about umm...4 years ago put them on. Car was a giant pogo stick!

yeah but he was prob. putting the GCs on a very worn old strut mine were new .of course i wouldnt recommend puting them on a car with 100k on the strut mine never had any issues and they rode nice maybe i drive mine nicer

yeah but he was prob. putting the GCs on a very worn old strut mine were new .of course i wouldnt recommend puting them on a car with 100k on the strut mine never had any issues and they rode nice maybe i drive mine nicer

Hence my original comment to Berkel!!!!!!! He has OEM struts on Eibach's it appears and then wants to put those GC's!!!! Hence my original comment. Do people like to make the most idiotic comments on CEG on purpose?:rolleyes:

Hence my original comment to Berkel!!!!!!! He has OEM struts on Eibach's it appears and then wants to put those GC's!!!! Hence my original comment. Do people like to make the most idiotic comments on CEG on purpose?:rolleyes:
Yes :shocked:

I realize my struts are already worse off with my eibachs alone :crazy:

sorry i think that everyone only has like 25k on there car like mine my bad:laugh:

the strut mounts are hit though.

Thats because your strut mounts are shot, these are something you really should've replaced before switching. as they get worse they will allow strut deflection and will cause alignment issues.

As for the Ground Controls... I'll put D2's up against them any day.

sure theres better suspension out ther but for the cost GCs get the job done

D2's are what? like 1000 bucks?

Koni's + GC's are what like 900+

I think that should make the decision pretty easy.

Last edited:
D2's are what? like 1000 bucks?

Koni's + GC's are what like 900+

I think that should make the decision pretty easy.
I think I remember seeing brand new GC's at a little over $400. That means $1100 :shrug:

<--- WorldTour Using Burrita's PC!!

Got mine for $850 shipped (new in box) because they were the last set the guy had and he put them ebay to get rid of them after someone bailed on a D2 groupbuy. They were listed on ebay continuously for over a month before I snagged them. To get a set right now you're looking at spending between 1200 & 1400 after shipping. Still worth the cost IMO because they are very high quality.

-Mark

Thats because your strut mounts are shot, these are something you really should've replaced before switching. as they get worse they will allow strut deflection and will cause alignment issues.

As for the Ground Controls... I'll put D2's up against them any day.

my mounts were replaced in october when i had these installed, i had all 4 brand new, and now both fronts are showin threw the towers.

Looks badass!!! Hows the daily driving for you, or did you just lower it for a photoshoot?

Drove it Saturday thru today that way. It's in the garage now untill i tear it apart again right before SZ to get it ready. I on'y scraped maybe 5 times, nothing major. I do watch the road prety well so i dodge objects in the road easily enough. Those that went along to Blu Fuz's house can attest to that.

~Josh

Back