• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I <3 Ground Controls

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
:drool:

Picture003.jpg

:eek:
Looks like it's time to get a move on with the skid plate. You're going to need it. ;)
Nice!

Last edited:
Everyone in MI must be pussies.

Sounds about right....we here in WI don't mess around. :laugh:

Everyone that gets them takes them off. LOL!

Everyone Todd? What about your buddy Steeda?

FWIW I've had them on since i built the car Feb of last year and the only way i'm taking them off is to have the Konis re-valved and some stiffer rate eibachs installed.

I just noticed today that I have almost an inch of wheelgap with my eibachs.

Anyone have a clue how much it would be for ground controls & konis plus installation? I have no clue about suspension :cry:

Last edited:
I just noticed today that I have almost an inch of wheelgap.

Anyone have a clue how much it would be for ground controls & konis plus installation? I have no clue about suspension :cry:

An arm and a leg. The struts alone would be about $700

Or you can just get the Koni sport kit. Best bang for buck around here.

An arm and a leg. The struts alone would be about $700

Or you can just get the Koni sport kit. Best bang for buck around here.
Damn no wonder I've never touched my suspension much before :laugh:

Would the Koni sport kit drop it lower than the eibach? I bet this is all in the suspension forums :nonono:

Pole - love the badgeless grille btw. Weren't you making those for a little while? Or there was a how-to or somethin.

Euro had them and sold them, Stazi sold his, and Steeda got a set & liked them so much he dumped them too. LOL!

Last edited:
Damn no wonder I've never touched my suspension much before :laugh:

Would the Koni sport kit drop it lower than the eibach? I bet this is all in the suspension forums :nonono:

Pole - love the badgeless grille btw. Weren't you making those for a little while? Or there was a how-to or somethin.

Look for pics of rawburt's SVT, he has the Koni sport kit.

IIRC it made a really nice drop.

I like Koni + B&G personally.

I like you with your mouth shut personally :shrug:

I had that combo on my old SE, and yes, i liked them too, but they are no comparison for the suspension I've got on the SVT, end of story.

Euro had them and sold them, Stazi sold his, and Steeda got a set & liked them so much he dumped them too. LOL!

Fact of the matter is, I like them regardless of what you or anyone else has to say... If comfort was a concern of mine, I'd ditch all the end links I've used to replace the bushings in my suspension, but guess what, just like replacing the coilovers, it isn't going to happen.

Last edited:
Back