• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How much would you pay for this contour SVT

I know, I really could have worked her for the car and at least a blumpkin.... :nonono:
sorry for letting you down guys.....

Crazy story......

I checked craigslist during the day last week wednesday for any svt contours. Nothing new, yadda yadda. Same old crap. I didn't check craigslist again that evening because we are just so busy with the kids at night.

Next day, thursday, I was on the road all day for work. Didn't check craigslist during the day and again was with the family at night. Actually was bath night for the kids, so we were upstairs playing music and having a good time together.

Friday morning rolls around and I finally check craigslist again for svt contours and there was a listing $1,000 svt contour just 7 minutes from my house. Blown headgasket, new clutch. Sweet, I knew it would be mine.

I sent a text to the owner at about 10am asking if I could come get it around 2:30 that friday. I got a reply back 1/2 hour later saying "sorry I needed the money quick so I had it towed to xxxxx auto they picked it up a couple hours ago".

I know that place is a scrap yard and that they pay only about $300 for any car. Sure ••••, they sold it to the junk yard for $300!!!!!! :nonono: They said sorry, did you need parts?

I called the number right away for the seller, find out this is the car that was sent to the scrap yard!!!!! This one, from this thread, that I fixed some things on for them. The seller said she didn't have my phone number but remembered where I lived and was at my house thursday night banging on the door to sell it to me! :eek: She said the lights and TV were on but no one would come to the door. Thats because we were upstairs! Oh my, no way.

She called the scrap yard and was begging for them to give her the car back and they could have their $300 check back. They wouldn't give it back. They won't sell it as a parts-only vehicle. Nothing. They said if you need parts come in and let us know what you want and we will give you a price. :nonono:

Yeah right.

Sad, but another one bites the dust :cry:

That seems ridiculous. I would call the place myself and ask to speak to a manager and ask them what the heck is going on.

She talked to the owner of the scrap yard. They claimed they already too the title to the DMV :rolleyes:.....

Back