• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

how fast are lotus's up top

imurdaddytoo sport

Veteran CEG'er
I was on my was home and since my dam exhaust is so loud i was just barely on the gas passing a lotus. Well he wanted 2 race me but I didn't feel like getting a ticket/ getting roasted/ risk breaking something....so I just ignored his constant reving up and passing me then slowing down.... so I was just curious if these car are fast up top also. I think it was an exige.... could also have been an elise not sure though

edit... dont think it was teh supercharged one, didnt remember hearing a whine of any sort

Its all relative to what you are driving, man.

a stock 2.5 SVT??.. owned, no matter what

Well if it was a bone stock Elise it would have been interesting to see if you could have beat him... Lotus' are known for handling, not speed... But if it was an Exige type S :drool::drool:... you might as well just pull over and hide ... 300 hp and they weigh next to nothing :cry::cry:... Its just a Toyota Celica Engine thats tuned the F up

Well if it was a bone stock Elise it would have been interesting to see if you could have beat him... Lotus' are known for handling, not speed... But if it was an Exige type S :drool::drool:... you might as well just pull over and hide ... 300 hp and they weigh next to nothing :cry::cry:... Its just a Toyota Celica Engine thats tuned the F up
even my turbo zetec, which was faster than most 3Ls, couldnt hang with a stock elise down at the dragon last year. obviously not in the twisties but even on the straights. they are very fast little cars.

Edit: the Elise is supposed go 0-60 in under 5 seconds. either 4.9 or 4.7 depending on the exact model and run the 1/4 in the low 13s

the Elise is supposed go 0-60 in under 5 seconds. either 4.9 or 4.7 depending on the exact model and run the 1/4 in the low 13s

And all of that is from the weight.. Your 60' is going to be GREAT if you get traction on a car that light.

Up top 300hp is still 300hp. It would have less of an advantage at 80+ than it would from 0-80, at least vs a quick 3L or a Turbo 2.5 or 3.

Last edited:
One thing you can do is pick the pink car, hold the right trigger button and the gas at the start of a race and you will bump 2 out of the 3 opponents to start off the race....wait, that is F-Zero for the SNES. My bad, yo.

And all of that is from the weight.. Your 60' is going to be GREAT if you get traction on a car that light.

Up top 300hp is still 300hp. It would have less of an advantage at 80+ than it would from 0-80, at least vs a quick 3L or a Turbo 2.5 or 3.
this is true, but where are we legally going to be able to hit 80+ next a lotus elise thats longer than a 1/4 mile? :D:laugh:

last year I had the opportunity to take a good dozen stop light pulls against a stock lotus. Yes the car is ummm significantly quicker than mine. yes they pull like hell at high rpms. I was very happy that lower in the range, I was still outgunned but not by too much.

anyways after a while he obviously got bored with me, and jutted off into a very sinuous section of road way. Now I have some VERY extensive suspension work done to my car, and was prouder than hell to know that not only could I match him on cornering, that I was actually able to gain on him. I got a very nice nod of respect from him.

And.... that's where this conversation is going to have to stop.

We simply do NOT talk about street racing on this site.. period

Back