• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello Fellow NEs, KOP Rendezous?

Ok I'm going to bring this thread to the top before it get's lost.

What time is going to work for everyone to meet up? Should we do 1pm again?

One is good for me. Same time, same location.

Contour84: I haven't gotten to the yard yet. I'll try before the meet and see what I can come up with for you.

If they had real faces...:laugh:
I just don't have the money to make that trip down again.

Listen they had real faces, they were just under layers upon layers of makeup.

Plus I want to see this new ride that you're picking up first hand.

Listen they had real faces, they were just under layers upon layers of makeup.

Plus I want to see this new ride that you're picking up first hand.

It's nothing impressive, believe me. Just something I've liked for quite some time...and has a much larger aftermarket.:laugh:

It's nothing impressive, believe me. Just something I've liked for quite some time...and has a much larger aftermarket.:laugh:

Well now I know it's not another SVT. Now you really have to show up, so I'm not the only troll there. :laugh:

Not a problem. I'm hoping by next weekend I will be out of the boot cast and able to hit up the junkyard for you. I miss my winter junkyard runs. LOL!
See you on the 30th.

Timing Belt Blew

Timing Belt Blew

Possible change in plans. Might not be able to make the meeting on the 30th due to the infamous, Timing Belt, breakage.

Story: Driving home from work, car starts to act really funky, i.e. sounds like a low pitched fart cannon/weed wacker under the hood with absolutely zero acceleration power! Not sure how I even got it home. Have it towed to my local shop next morning, oh yea, your timing belt is snapped. Thanks, great to hear that at the 8am in the morning before work :mad: . Oh well, knew it was coming.

Luckily the '98 2L Zetec is a non-interference motor(knowledge I learned thanks to the people here :) ) so no damage is done, but still screwed! Fortunate again, my buddies' dad owns a shop and can do the whole repair including alternator and serpentine belt replacement for a ball park $600-$700(already have an alternator and gator-back belt at my house, was getting ready to do them myself), which I guess is good, but I'm cheap so its hurting real bad.

I'll keep you all posted as the progress continues.............:shrug:

I'm sorry to say, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make this meet either. Some things have come up, but hopefully I'll be able to make the April meet. One last meet with the Eastern PA crew before I move back to Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
LOL all the philly people bailed on us again lol could we change up plans on the meeting place to keep it more local so all of us do not half to drive so far especially for some of the others that were coming from the west????

Yeah this sounds all too familiar :rolleyes: ...

If this meet is in KOP I doubt I'll make the trip, its just too far for me to be practical. I will keep an eye on this though.

Contour84, hope the 'tour is back up and running soon. Keep us posted.

Since the Philly guys can't make it, how about we have one closer to this area? Maybe the Hamburg (PA) area?

Rob (not "Saab" Rob, SVT Rob) , how about you, would you be interested in a meet on the 30th at another location?

Back