• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: Full 3L Coil Pack Bracket

Bugzuki

Veteran CEG'er
The full 3L coil pack bracket is now ready for sale.
The bracket is for the engines with the plastic valve covers (2002 and 2003 model years).

unpainted.jpg

cpb2.JPG

The bracket includes pressnuts as seen in the first picture. The first picture is also shown unpainted.
The bracket mounts in the same location as the stock 3L coil for these years.

cpbc1.JPG

Here is a discussion we had about it earlier this year: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=49569&highlight=coil+pack+bracket

I have two options either unpainted or sent to Joe's Powdercoatings (Blufuz). If you want to have it powdercoated you communicate with Joe on the finish you want.

The price for the bracket is $45 shipped. Powdercoating is another $25 shipped - paid to Joe.

The plates are listed on my website along with the intake porting plates and the shift riser plates.

http://www.hybridaction.com/Store/Contour.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Glad your making parts to make the swaps alot easier but...
I so wish you had one for the 04+ It would save me the time of making one. :blackeye: :laugh:

Yea the 04+ engines are the ones people are struggling with. Most 01-03 engines still retain the svt valve covers..which resolve this issue. I understand with this bracket you can use the 3L valve covers....but not many do.

Yea the 04+ engines are the ones people are struggling with. Most 01-03 engines still retain the svt valve covers..which resolve this issue. I understand with this bracket you can use the 3L valve covers....but not many do.
exactly everyone loves using the 04+ for the better pcv setup if it wasnt for that you could just use the 2.5 covers.

Great deal that your making parts though!

Based off the connection points of the bracket to the rear head, I would also say that you don't need that little ground strap anymore.

Nope, no ground strap needed.

If I had some 04+ valve covers I would look into making a bracket fit it.
Sounds like I might have these brackets for awhile. Well, that's ok I was able to use one. I like the Plastic covers better then the aluminum 2.5L ones with the 3L intake.

Now, it is time to start working on the Throttle bracket. Hopefully the throttle body is the same on the 04+ engines as it is on the earlier ones.

Thanks for the comments

I have a 04/05 rear valvecover going to blu, if you want/he wants you can borrow it for awhile :)

I will be picking up a '04 3L friday that I can send a cover to you from.

Will the 04 valve cover fit on a 03 head? Just making sure.
Does the 04 head have that little bolt location on the back, as seen in the last picture above?

Thanks for the input.
Paul

Will the 04 valve cover fit on a 03 head? Just making sure.
Does the 04 head have that little bolt location on the back, as seen in the last picture above?

Thanks for the input.
Paul

I'd be interested in a 04+ bracket and yes it does have the bolt hole location in the back (at least on my 05 head it does)...

05rearhead.jpg

Good to know, Thanks. That will make the redesign much easier - hopefully.

Blackcoog will be sending me an 04-05 valve cover. So, as soon as I get that I will start working on the design.

I'll keep you all posted.

I figured that way I did not have to worry about getting the valve cover back to someone on time. Thanks for being willing to send it my way.

Blackcoog will be sending me an 04-05 valve cover. So, as soon as I get that I will start working on the design.

Perfect! :wave:

Just curious have you received that 04-05 valve cover yet?

Back