• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: Deep set chrome gauge cluster trim rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed mine. I must admit when I got those in the mail I was like damnnnn these little pieces for $35, but they look good in the car. Install took 13 minutes from start to finish including taking apart the car so I must say it was pretty simple and definitely use a screwdriver and not a back of a pen to press down the ends.

took me about 20-25 minutes, had a few more wires then most people though. all I can say is be very careful when using a screwdriver, I put a small scratch about an inch and a half long on the lense cus my hand slipped. Looks great at night when lit up

Just to double check, when I bought this I was under the impression I could pop them in from the front, but it looks like everyone is installing through the back per the intructions, correct?

Just to double check, when I bought this I was under the impression I could pop them in from the front, but it looks like everyone is installing through the back per the intructions, correct?

Well through the back and front sort of. Like you pop out the glass insert the rings through the holes and then you bend the chrome ring on from the back but through the front ha sounds confusing but its simple

Yeah, I thought the same thing until I noticed that it just can't be done. I had to unclip the fascia and clear plastic together. No way to just get the clear face off. Would've had to have busted it off. No issues though, just unplugged the speedo wiring and took the whole assembly out.

Put mine in last night. I've never had any part of the dash apart on this car but it is very easy to do. I took my sweet time so as not to scratch the lens and spent some time wiping down the guages, cleaning the lens etc. and still only took 35 minutes

Here is mine. Thanks again Sam for the white accessory pieces to finish off the look :cool:

IMG_1597.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back