• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: Deep set chrome gauge cluster trim rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Label/Receipt Number: RJ28 5693 447G B
Service(s): Registered Mail™

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

The package is still in transit. Rest assured, as soon as I have them in hand you all will be the first to know about it. Please be patient....

most impatient person ever... you won't even install them for a couple weeks when you get them and you know that grant. he'll update us when he does.

LMFAO! Just like all other CEGers. Pounding down the door and let the parts sit around forever and then sell to someone else because they never installed.

The trim rings arrived today!

They will ship out to everyone by Monday. I will post again to confirm they are in the mail.

All trim rings have been addressed, packaged, and are ready to ship out. I will try and make it to the post office tomorrow, otherwise they will ship out USPS Monday to everyone.

got mine today and installed them.
SSPX0355.jpg

SSPX0356.jpg

Got mine too. Playing with them right now. I don't think they're going to stay put unless I put some hot glue in the back. Had to bend mine a little apart so they would stay put on the black surround. Hmmm what to do.

Got mine too. Playing with them right now. I don't think they're going to stay put unless I put some hot glue in the back. Had to bend mine a little apart so they would stay put on the black surround. Hmmm what to do.

Take a screwdriver handle and press the lip of the ring down against the back of the fascia. The instructions in the back said to use a pen, but I found that too soft and the aluminum edge was cutting through it. I actually used the handle of a boot knife and the suckers aren't going to come undone anytime soon.

Take a screwdriver handle and press the lip of the ring down against the back of the fascia. The instructions in the back said to use a pen, but I found that too soft and the aluminum edge was cutting through it. I actually used the handle of a boot knife and the suckers aren't going to come undone anytime soon.
yeah, the round shaft from a philips screwdriver worked really well

Is everyone removing the black face that goes over the gauges, bending the thin tab over from behind the black face, or just removing the clear lens cover and pressing them in from the front of the cluster?

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb and didn't look before posting, just figured it out :eek:

My IP has achieved baller status. Thanks.

Seriously though, they look really good with all my other aluminum and/or shiny interior bits. Now I'm quitting aesthetic mods for real this time. :blackeye::laugh:

The instructions are on the back of the retail package they came in. Glad to see some have you have already got yours.

Yeah, I can't believe they got here today! They do look pretty good installed. Definately an improvement to the dash. Thank you for the excellent group buy experience from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back