• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GREAT DEAL! Racebits V6 Duratec ST200 Mondeo/Cougar all stainless header and Y-pipe

it may or may not be raspy. with msds headers, turbo, no main cat, borla mufler and magnafor resonators out back my car isn't raspy.

it may or may not be raspy. with msds headers, turbo, no main cat, borla mufler and magnafor resonators out back my car isn't raspy.

Oh. Well I know someone in STL who is on here, (T-Red) and he has MSDS headers and i think a MSDS Y pipe with a Magnaflow resonator and stock SVT mufflers and it sounds sooo raspy:nonono:.. He likes it though, so its whatever floats your boat. I called him a ricer once because i didn't see him pull onto my street (dark outside) and he burned rubber at a stop sign and i peeked up and screamed it:laugh:. Then i saw it was him and cased after him:laugh:.

I hope my SVT gets a little louder with this.. I am not liking the waaayy more engine than exhaust sound my car has right now. But it still sounds soo mean in a parking garage:drool:..

Borla with no cats and headers sounds sick. It's my current setup.

Agreed. I had WeaponR headers and y-pipe with a test pipe from Trubendz with my full Borla cat-back and it sounded amazing.

Sweet!! I don't have headers but hollowed out manifolds. So i am not to sure how different it will sound. But will post about it for sure!
After it gets warmer...

Sweet!! I don't have headers but hollowed out manifolds. So i am not to sure how different it will sound. But will post about it for sure!
After it gets warmer...

I currently have the same setup. Hollowed out mani's, sho-shop y-pipe, Borla cat back. It's nice and deep, but has some "boom/drone" if held at 3000RPM. Once I get my 3L and headders installed, I'm hoping it will reduce the 3000RPM noise. Either way I have much more exhaust noise than intake, except at 5500-6500RPM.

Pardon me if this sounds like a noob question but im kinda considering this however im not sure if its a direct bolt on pretty much or if any modification is necessary. Main questions, it doesnt bother any sensors and it doesnt cause any lights to come on correct?

Dang, really good deal!
I would get the whole set but i don't want to do my headers just yet seeing how i just installed gutted pre cats...
Does anyone know when to expect the 2 bolt Y pipe to be available?

EDIT: Just found something!!!
http://racebits.org/index.php?main_...ducts_id=548&zenid=02hcbpismcf59btt8k66i8ktk2

If you want to cut out the entire main cat without waiting for the 2 bolt Y pipe!!!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that will work right? If you get the Y pipe RaceBits is selling now and that "DECAT pipe" you should be able to bold that combo on to your existing cat (Or no cat) back correct?

Pretty sure that pipe is different from the Contours in that we don't have that bend as shown in that pic of their DECAT PIPE. Ours are just straight pipe that bolts to the cat-back.

Pretty sure that pipe is different from the Contours in that we don't have that bend as shown in that pic of their DECAT PIPE. Ours are just straight pipe that bolts to the cat-back.

yes the 2-bolt cat has a straight pipe. the 3 bolt cat as I recall has the bend.

Pardon me if this sounds like a noob question but im kinda considering this however im not sure if its a direct bolt on pretty much or if any modification is necessary. Main questions, it doesnt bother any sensors and it doesnt cause any lights to come on correct?

please review the duratec perforance forum for answers to your questions, this isn't the place for them.

I know it says 'up to a 30 HP upgrade' on the page but what can we really be looking at in terms of performance over a stock 2000 CSVT? Is that figure accurate?

I know there have been dynos proven that JUST a ypipe upgrade has been around 10 whp in itself. The exhaust on these cars are restrictive. When Steeda did just a trual dual (stock headers still) he put out like 15 whp.

How long would be expected time frame on 2-bolt Y-pipe?
-J

Its all about costing and if we could secure 10+ orders in advance it would definately go ahead everything is in place to go ahead in a month. but wwithout certainty of sales we are reluctant to proceed as have so many 3 bolt flanged ones to shift.

If we had deposits from 10 people we could go striaght ahead.

Only talking a £30 deposit or so to show some commitment

Take any pictures yet? Thoughts on them?
Oops, sorry, I got distracted fixing an alternator clearance problem on my SVO Mustang with this lovely header, which is about to get shipped out to Swain Tech Coatings for ceramic thermal barrier coating:
011.JPG

Will post some pics and thoughts about the Racebits headers in a few days. Too many cars, so little time...

Back