• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GREAT DEAL! Racebits V6 Duratec ST200 Mondeo/Cougar all stainless header and Y-pipe

Okay darn I need a two bolt also.

I would be interested but I need a 2 bolt y-pipe :shrug:

J,
I'd take the y-pipe off ya but I need a 2-bolt y pipe. Dang.

You might could convert that 3-bolt flange to 2-bolt by having someone TIG a thick piece of Stainless into the U-shaped cutout between the upper and lower bolts, then drill and tap the inserted piece for the second exhaust shoulder bolt (I think it's M10-1.5). My early 99 CSVT is 2-bolt, and I don't see this as a show-stopper, I'll fabricate my way around it.

Glad to see my products are of great interest. We are also now developing a 2 bolt Y-pipe.

We have fabricated loads while fiiting them ourselves. But the ones we will be selling wil be properly manufactured.

Will only be doing a run of 30 of these though.

Gmorrell courier picking up your goods tomorrow, so be with you early next week ;)

This is good information I'm glad to see the support from Racebits! It seems rare for anybody to develop new products for this platform.

DHL tried to deliver my headers today, but I wasn't home to sign for them. :cry:

Pretty amazing, they left Birmingham, UK on Jan 27 in the afternoon, and (almost) on my doorstep the 31st.

I got my Weapon R Set for 200 shipped 2nd hand but brand new still in the WR box. Sold the Y-Pipe for 200 and called it a day :D They have yet to be installed. These look great by the way.

- amyn

i'm not seeing O2 sensor bungs on these headers. am i blind or are they just not there?

I'll take some pictures of my headers tonight, they have O2 bungs and an EGR bung on the rear header. Don't yet know how it's all going to mate up with our US spec engines, but I'll find out when it gets warmer out.

I sent email to Shaun at Racebits and got a reply within an hour. he said:

"Yes all is the same, does have the holes, have attached a few pics, some of them fitted to an engine while it was out the car being rebuilt."

here's those pics (kinda small because of forum limits):

PICT0166..JPG:28092010201..jpg
28092010203..jpg
28092010202..jpg

i still only see the precat O2, no postcat that i can see. but, if you have to run Mil Elims anyway, i guess you don't really need the post cats in there anyway? could probably just install your Mil Elims and then zip tie them up out of the way somewhere.

Anyone here in the U.S.A. installed these yet and can tell what they have run into?

i still only see the precat O2, no postcat that i can see. but, if you have to run Mil Elims anyway, i guess you don't really need the post cats in there anyway? could probably just install your Mil Elims and then zip tie them up out of the way somewhere.

Anyone here in the U.S.A. installed these yet and can tell what they have run into?

Yes it is clearly missing the post-cat HEGO sensor bung on the front header. However simply installing a MIL eliminator will not work. The sensor still needs to be providing a signal that is somewhat in the range of what is expected by the ECM. The only solutions would be one of the following:

A) Get (or make if you have SCT PRP) a tune and remove the third HEGO sensor
B) Drill and weld a HEGO sensor bung and install the HEGO sensor with a MIL eliminator.

Dang, really good deal!
I would get the whole set but i don't want to do my headers just yet seeing how i just installed gutted pre cats...
Does anyone know when to expect the 2 bolt Y pipe to be available?

EDIT: Just found something!!!
http://racebits.org/index.php?main_...ducts_id=548&zenid=02hcbpismcf59btt8k66i8ktk2

If you want to cut out the entire main cat without waiting for the 2 bolt Y pipe!!!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that will work right? If you get the Y pipe RaceBits is selling now and that "DECAT pipe" you should be able to bold that combo on to your existing cat (Or no cat) back correct?

yes if you get a 3-bolt y-pipe and that kit it will all bolt right in without a cat.

it doesn't do anyone any good that has a 2-bolt y-pipe and wants to keep the cat.

yes if you get a 3-bolt y-pipe and that kit it will all bolt right in without a cat.

it doesn't do anyone any good that has a 2-bolt y-pipe and wants to keep the cat.

I know that without a cat it will be raspy but I am going to try it, as my main cat is melting and not doing any good to my Borla catback that Blu wants back so bad;). (I will PM you if i don't like my sound after this mod Blu!)

I am going to Email RaceBits and see how much it totals for both of those together.

Back