• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Grand Rapids, MI for Spring Zing '07

Heck yes. Me and Suriel/Dina are definitely going. I think John is too. + Trey/Sarah + Brad/Christy + maybe Chris (kingpin) + ....?

Gonna be a fun (though long) drive up there from the south.

You guys know I'd like to go but I don't know yet depends on when I have to do my pcs move.
:( As usual you pick the time of year that stuff happens.

Also as usual it is right outside of Michigan so its so far away it kills people in the south and west.
:(

But it sure looks like fun. Maybe this time you guys can drink a cold one for me... :)

You guys know I'd like to go but I don't know yet depends on when I have to do my pcs move.
:( As usual you pick the time of year that stuff happens.

Also as usual it is right outside of Michigan so its so far away it kills people in the south and west.
:(

But it sure looks like fun. Maybe this time you guys can drink a cold one for me... :)

I just checked and Grand Rapids is in Michigan :)

Yeah... 14 HUNDRED miles from me. :nonono:

I don't care if 99.9 percent of CEGers are in that area... NEXT SZ (08) needs to have THEM driving a little ways!

Then set it up. But just so you know It will be staying in Michigan for 08 or Elkhart Lake, WI :)

I recall '03 when someone tried having it in Iowa. No one wanted to go. LOL! G. Lakes region is the shiznit.

Where SZ is doesn't make mean that is a great place.

If this were an illegal alien sympathy group, our annual meeting would be in California, or Texas. and then I could say "yeah.. Texas is the shiznit". It must be, because our meeting is there.

The majority of members happen to live there, because that is what our member base is made of.. automobiles.

I will likely be there, but I will be cussing and pissing and moaning the whole way there! :D :D :D :D :D

PS. I actually DO like the GL region. I spent a FEW years there.. So, don't take anything I said to heart.

So that Thursday, are we doing stuff or just showing up? Like for us doing a long drive, do we need to already be there for the goings-on or is everyone just coming together thursday? And if so, about what time?

spank.gif
love.gif

I don't call a track day at Gingerman blow off but ok.
Ok I thought I had saw that in the posts somewhere. So my plan is to be there by Wednesday night. Will arrangements be able to be made with the hotel for us wanting to stay wednesday night? Also if there is something (autox?) going on Sunday, then I'll stay that night too.

Yay! Looks like a 2 day affair fo' sho'.

Not sure how I would break this one up. Could stop in Atlanta, could stop in the Natti, hmmm. . . . .or just suffer with the SE CEG guys. I dunno.

I just hope I dont have something that would prevent me from going. Im still bitter about missing 06.
drive.jpg

Ok I thought I had saw that in the posts somewhere. So my plan is to be there by Wednesday night. Will arrangements be able to be made with the hotel for us wanting to stay wednesday night? Also if there is something (autox?) going on Sunday, then I'll stay that night too.

You might want to get a hotel in South Haven instead of coming all the way up to GR. You're on your own if you're coming in Wed. night.

As for events everything is still on the first post of this thread as stated.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=158

Where SZ is doesn't make mean that is a great place.

If this were an illegal alien sympathy group, our annual meeting would be in California, or Texas. and then I could say "yeah.. Texas is the shiznit". It must be, because our meeting is there.

The majority of members happen to live there, because that is what our member base is made of.. automobiles.

I will likely be there, but I will be cussing and pissing and moaning the whole way there! :D :D :D :D :D

PS. I actually DO like the GL region. I spent a FEW years there.. So, don't take anything I said to heart.

And to further justify it's location. ;)

Take a gander at activity and location in the regional forums.
standard.jpg

OK, is race fuel available out there....and if not is anyone from this area taking a truck or a trailer? My engine build is on schedule...tentatively I will take friday off...leave thursday after work and stay till sunday.....if I have a job by then....I am unsure about drag racing...but we shall see how many miles are on the car by then....the tranny worries me at this level and I cannot afford the 76 speed swap just yet.

Back