• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gots me some Duratec Turbo Power!!!

bnoon

CEG'er
OK, OK, so it's not a Contour... or even a Ford... but it's 2.3 Duratec Ford powered! 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 GT, 2.3 turbo 263HP/280TQ, and not stock. It's 3 weeks old...

Here's a couple pics.

100_0201_small.jpg

100_0197_small.jpg

Nothing much to see yet under the hood, just a short ram filter so far. I've got an air/water intercooler with heat exchanger, custom inlet tube that I'll finish fabricating this weekend, manual boost controller and MAP Clamp, 1 step colder plugs, Turbo XS Down Pipe and Race Pipe... all of these things sitting in the garage already.

Sweet ride, I test drove a speed 6 the other day and love the way it drove but didnt like the price. I hear the biggest thing restricting the speeds are the ECU but once you get past that then the power is easy to make not too mention the direct injection technology is awsome..

Sweet ride, I test drove a speed 6 the other day and love the way it drove but didnt like the price. I hear the biggest thing restricting the speeds are the ECU but once you get past that then the power is easy to make not too mention the direct injection technology is awsome..

Everything restricts these speed cars, that's why it's so fun to mod! Just a simple short ram intake is worth 20-30 HP and the same goes for nearly every mod you do to it! Over 300 FWHP very easily and for not a lot of money.

Nice car, your engine has some tricks up it's sleeve (I'm not talking about the turbo) on the 2.3 Duratec though, do not be decieved.

I have a Speed3. Thought I recognized the bnoon on mazdas247.com. My name over there is Cookim6 (for my wife originally).

Yup, that's me. Nice to see you again Hector. I've got several parts in dev. stages for BNMotorsports too. Half of the parts I've bought are just for research and will be sold or sent back uninstalled. Heheheheh.

Yup, that's me. Nice to see you again Hector. I've got several parts in dev. stages for BNMotorsports too. Half of the parts I've bought are just for research and will be sold or sent back uninstalled. Heheheheh.
Nice. Keep me updated.;) As for engine mods all I have is a BEGi intake, Forge BPV, gutted 2nd cat, and Josh (Pole120) filled my rear MM with some poly. I did have the TRZ dogbone but sold it.

Nice. Keep me updated.;) As for engine mods all I have is a BEGi intake, Forge BPV, gutted 2nd cat, and Josh (Pole120) filled my rear MM with some poly. I did have the TRZ dogbone but sold it.

Will do. You've got more than me actually installed on the car, LOL! The only other thing I've done is grind down the stock shifter bushings to tighten up the shifter feel. No need for aftermarket bushings everyone over there buys for 40 bux a set...

Did you get smart and dump that bloated SS yet? :D

Yes. Kept breaking trannies... stock one at 66K miles, junkyard one lasted a week, and the built one good for 700HP/700TQ only lasted 3 months before it broke an accumulator. Gas mileage was getting better as I tuned it super hot with a E85 tune, but it still only got 19 MPG average. I was just tired of messing with the non-fun parts. It sure did launch hard though with a 3500 stall and AWD. A 5500 pound truck that can get 1.9 60 foots makes for a fun ride! If gas wasn't so high, I would have fixed it again and would still be driving it.

Will do. You've got more than me actually installed on the car, LOL! The only other thing I've done is grind down the stock shifter bushings to tighten up the shifter feel. No need for aftermarket bushings everyone over there buys for 40 bux a set...
Did that too.:laugh: I also have a Prosport boost gauge, clear bumper reflectors, Visual Garage sharkfin, painted emblems, 6000k HID kit, 3ball shift knob....

Back