• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Roush exhaust tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
These tips fit 2.5" piping. If your Borla setup is not 2.5" (e.g. 2.25") then you would need to have adapters welded on.

SVT adapter?

SVT adapter?

Can you clarify on the adapter you mentioned?

Does this mean I can slip this tip over my existing, stock, SVT tips and just clamp it in place? Got any pics of how it looks when done this way?

If so - I'm down for a pair.

THANKS!

Can you clarify on the adapter you mentioned?

Does this mean I can slip this tip over my existing, stock, SVT tips and just clamp it in place? Got any pics of how it looks when done this way?

If so - I'm down for a pair.

THANKS!

I second on this.
Any pics?

I'm not sure what you guys are asking. I don't know if these will fit a Borla setup or an SVT setup because I don't have either of those setups. These exhaust tips will fit or slip over any pipe 2.5" or smaller. What are you asking for pics of? The adapter? It's a reducer made from mild steel. It would be welded in place in order to give the exhaust tip something to clamp onto or be welded onto.

I also have a pair of Borla exhaust tips with rolled lips. They have a 2" inlet and a 3" outlet.

50.jpg

The Borla tips there are for the dual-exit setup. It consists of a 2.5" cat-back that splits into dual 2" exits at the rear subframe. This is what I have on my Cougar right now.

I would love to replace them with Roush tips, but I don't really want to deal with trying to make 2.5" tips work on 2" pipe...

The Borla tips there are for the dual-exit setup. It consists of a 2.5" cat-back that splits into dual 2" exits at the rear subframe. This is what I have on my Cougar right now.

I would love to replace them with Roush tips, but I don't really want to deal with trying to make 2.5" tips work on 2" pipe...

Just have the same guy who is welding the Roush tips weld in 2.5" to 2.0" reducers. The reducers are like $1.50 at Autozone for steel.

I hope people jump on this. I have 2 sets myself... these are really nice.

[and correct me if I'm wrong, but just behind the pedal gb this is the cheapest you will get for anything with rousch's name in metal. eitherway, high level of quality]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back