• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Front bumper support brackets "stays".

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
We can make these at my work so I am putting this group buy up for everyone.

These bars are know as the front bumper "stays". They keep the front bumper area, nearest to the wheels, from flapping and wiggling around in the wind. It also adds support and will help resist in paint cracks in some mild cases of bottoming out the front bumper.

I'm not sure if these are still available through Ford, but I looked on Team Ford Part's website and these bars sell for $17.xx + shipping each. They do not come with hardware for that price either.

Your price for a pair of these bars (universal left or right) will be $28 shipped in USA. Made to spec and painted black using automotive paint. Hardware is included! If you want just one bar w/fasteners, price will be $15 shipped.

ACCEPTING PAYMENTS NOW! Paypal jbarnes@kingmfg.com and make sure your shipping info is included with the payment.

ps - I am using my stock '95 bars on my molded SVT bumper and they fit just fine. SO, based off that I would assume that these bars are universal for all year Contour front bumpers.

BumperArm.jpg

These will include fasteners. 1/4"x3/4" zinc bolts and zinc locking nuts.

You will just have to pay actual shipping. I will send to the UK.

1. robbo9006 (1 set)

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this a replacement piece or an add on that was available from ford (and now you)? I'm not at home to look at my car at the moment.

I think they originally came on all front bumpers from the factory though I have only had about 3 contours that had them on, so I'm really not sure. Some get lost, fall off, broken, etc... This way everyone can have them and add some regidity to the front bumper.

IIRC they were a decontented item.

I believe this is one of the decontented items for the post 98 models. I recall my dads 95 having them and I believe my 95 Mystique. Neither 99 Contour has them and I added a set when I got the SVT front bumper. They where already added to my SVT when I got it.

If i remember I'll try to fit one to my stock SE and see how it lines up as iirc there is a mounting spot for the support brackets on the bumper.

They were factory installed on all Contour's from what I can tell. Every car I have seen in the junk yards and around town have them.

Joe are the ones your making going to be stiffer (larger diameter) then the factory pieces? As I can find these for a dime a dozen in all of the local junk yards. I was stoked because I thought you had mentioned beefing these up... possible add a gusset to it?? I've gone through two sets of these already, every time I scrap a little I bend these things over. If you can make a modified version I'd be all for it ;)

Joe are the ones your making going to be stiffer (larger diameter) then the factory pieces? As I can find these for a dime a dozen in all of the local junk yards. I was stoked because I thought you had mentioned beefing these up... possible add a gusset to it?? I've gone through two sets of these already, every time I scrap a little I bend these things over. If you can make a modified version I'd be all for it ;)

X2!! in for 2 sets

Updated list:

1. robbo9006 (1 set)
2. Chas (2 sets)
3. TUFTOUR (1 set)
4. 5559 (1 set)

Huh?

The stock bars are over engineered compared to the parts they are attached to, but if you want stronger ones I already have a prototype of a waaaaay stronger one...... loading pic now

Back