• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pistons get Iverson

$30+ million in cap space next summer when you figure Rasheed's contract into the mix... :D

I love this trade. Billups has declined rapidly on the defensive side of the ball (got absolutely WORKED by Boobie Gibson and Rajon Rondo the past couple years in the playoffs) and you get out from underneath his huge contract. They get a proven scorer in AI and a guy that can take the ball to the basket (something they don't have right now). This Pistons team, as it sat right now, was not going to beat Boston... so you shake things up and if they get back there, great... if not, you've freed up minutes for guys like Rodney Stuckey, Amir Johnson and Jason Maxiell AND you have a ton of money to make a run at someone in a strong free agent market next year. I think this deal was a no-brainer.

$30+ million in cap space next summer when you figure Rasheed's contract into the mix... :D

I love this trade. Billups has declined rapidly on the defensive side of the ball (got absolutely WORKED by Boobie Gibson and Rajon Rondo the past couple years in the playoffs) and you get out from underneath his huge contract. They get a proven scorer in AI and a guy that can take the ball to the basket (something they don't have right now). This Pistons team, as it sat right now, was not going to beat Boston... so you shake things up and if they get back there, great... if not, you've freed up minutes for guys like Rodney Stuckey, Amir Johnson and Jason Maxiell AND you have a ton of money to make a run at someone in a strong free agent market next year. I think this deal was a no-brainer.

All the cap space that you will have will be nice, BUT Iverson will not be the great scorer he once was. He will be lucky to average 20 a night. He doesn't have a great shot, he would normally have to use his quickness to get to the basket to get a majority of his points. Now with the ankle and other assorted foot injuries he has been having, his quickness is going away rapidly and that is going to limit what he can do offensively and defensively. It is sort of the same boat you guys were in with Billups, but he actually could shoot the ball well. I can see what they are doing, and it will also sell some tickets in the process. It just sucks to be in a rebuilding phase...

Billups has never sniffed a 20ppg average either, so I don't think that's a huge issue. He didn't miss a game last year and still averaged over 25 a night sharing the floor with Carmelo Anthony... his quickness might be going away but Chauncey's has already left the building.

Sure, Billups can shoot... but when you're out of gas halfway through the 3rd quarter it doesn't make much difference. I actually think this team is in a better position now... and nobody wants a ring more than Iverson. The chances aren't great that the Pistons will get out of the East, but I like their chances a hell of a lot more with AI than with Billups.

Billups has never sniffed a 20ppg average either, so I don't think that's a huge issue. He didn't miss a game last year and still averaged over 25 a night sharing the floor with Carmelo Anthony... his quickness might be going away but Chauncey's has already left the building.

Sure, Billups can shoot... but when you're out of gas halfway through the 3rd quarter it doesn't make much difference. I actually think this team is in a better position now... and nobody wants a ring more than Iverson. The chances aren't great that the Pistons will get out of the East, but I like their chances a hell of a lot more with AI than with Billups.

Wow.....i couldn't agree with you more. You and on this topic are completely on the same page.

I just have a feeling that he is going to drop off dramatically this year. Might just be me though

Nothing like someone from MN upstaging my post for this:shrug::shrug::shrug:, I guess I should've checked first, or was was mine first:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Wow...this is getting interesting.

While I have nothing but profound respect and love for Mr. Big Shot; a real true success story. I also love McD and how he completely changed his game after blowing out his knee. I have never been much of an A.I fan and I think it will be intersting to see the presence of Rip and A.I., two guys who can move up court at light speed.

I do agree also that Chauncey's game isn't quite the same as it was a few years ago. Though, the same can be said for Wallace. It'll be interesting to see the dynamics of A.I. and Wallace on the court.

I really don't know what to think. JoeD is a phenomenal guy, and I put my trust in him.

Really sucks that I haven't been able to watch a single game after moving out to TX. How's Curry doing in the couching department? I loved that guy back since he was playing... Probably where Hermann got his wavy hand technique on defense, which reminds me, why the eff are we playing Hermann?!?! LOL! He's like the goofiest white guy since Eric Montrose (now talk about an uncoordinated mother....I recall seeing that baffoon trip on himself way back in the day center court with nobody near him!).

Keep me posted guys.

On a side note, anybody interested in getting a CEG group going to the Palace come Xmas time? I definitely want to go to at least one game while I'm in town.

Anyone see this?
Pistons get Iverson now, LeBron later?

All the teams are preparing for the 2010 free agent class (Lebron, D.Wade, Bosh,Stoudemire, Chandlier, Ginobili, Ming, Nash, Redd... et all) so this is not surprising.

AI and CB actually compare quite well statistically, with AI a little more sloppy with the ball at about 1.5 turnovers more per game than Billups. AI has a better PPG, Assist, and Shot % ratio than CB carreer wise..- CB's contract is bloated, and AI's will be done at the end of the year.

Don't forget, this helps the Nuggets well too- as CB will free up room for 'Melo, and I believe they will work better together than AI/Melo did. I think CB has a better long range shot than AI.

I'm under the impression they're going to be dropping an aging Sheed and pick up Bosh.

Also, been hearing things about Dice possibly coming back after a month, but is only speculation.

While it's sad to see the "core" break up, it wasn't like we were in competition for winning the title w/this team. This team is becoming lacsidasical and unmotivated. Perhaps an aging AI can get the Stones firing on all cylinders again like in 04-05. The guys got heart and plays 100% balls out, something the Stones lost a few years ago.

Should be interesting...

Side note: Isn't Kobe a free agent this year as well?

Lebron was wearing some tribute to NY shoes by Nike yesterday, the writing is on the wall, he's a Knick and I'm sure the NBA will change the rules so he can win and they (Nike) can make back some of their money, just like the NBA/Nike did back in the early 90's with Jordan and the "Jordan Rules":rolleyes: Just check the stats back in the 91' conference finals and look how many times the Bulls went to the line compared to the Pistons, total B.S.:mad::mad::mad:

Back