• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB ClutchNet Stage 3 Pressure plate & Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not heard anything - no email, no call, nothing. :shrug:

Just got off of the phone with Oleg. He said that the last of the clutches were sent out wednesday. So my clutch and KyleQ's clutch should arrive either today or monday. If not he told me to call him tuesday and he will get the tracking numbers to me. Everything should be fine, I guess the last two were sent out later than the others.

UPS called - I'm getting a box.

Good to hear... sorry it took so long guys. I've been bugging them and bugging them. I guess we got a pretty good deal and we are getting top quality products so maybe we can't complain to much. However I would have liked a LOT more communication as to the status of the order.

Jon any word?

Good to hear... sorry it took so long guys. I've been bugging them and bugging them. I guess we got a pretty good deal and we are getting top quality products so maybe we can't complain to much. However I would have liked a LOT more communication as to the status of the order.

Jon any word?

Nope, if I don't here anything today I will give them a call tomorrow.

Opened the box - anyone else notice it says Luk all over the pressure plate? I thought they were custom building one for this application...?

Opened the box - anyone else notice it says Luk all over the pressure plate? I thought they were custom building one for this application...?

You know I never noticed that... I just went and took a look at mine. I'm definitely going to question them on that one. Unless they spec'd the parts and had Luk build them components and then they assembled it at their shop.

EDIT: I'm betting that is EXACTLY what happened. LuK is owned and operated by Schaeffler group, which also owns and operates INA and FAG. I actually deal with some Schaeffler people for the FAG bearings that I spec out for some of the applications I work with. So I am not worried about it.

You know I never noticed that... I just went and took a look at mine. I'm definitely going to question them on that one. Unless they spec'd the parts and had Luk build them components and then they assembled it at their shop.

EDIT: I'm betting that is EXACTLY what happened. LuK is owned and operated by Schaeffler group, which also owns and operates INA and FAG. I actually deal with some Schaeffler people for the FAG bearings that I spec out for some of the applications I work with. So I am not worried about it.

Ok - laughing at acronyms aside, I'm find with it. :cool:

Ok - laughing at acronyms aside, I'm find with it. :cool:

Your too funny :laugh:

In any case I got off the phone with ClutchNet today... apparently they had some information that was confusing them on an order. I did not place the order, however someone else on here did. The name on the order was Mike W. from Yonkers, NY. So which ever member you maybe, Mike they shipped your clutch kit out today and you should have received an email at the email address associated with your PayPal account today with a tracking number. If you didn't then shoot me a PM and I will forward it to you.

Jon they also confirmed with me today on the phone while discussing the other order, that yours also shipped today and their shipping guy sent you an email with the tracking info as well via Oleg's email account.

To everyone sorry for some of the hassle, but I believe we all have received quality products (or will be receiving them) and everything worked out in the end. I also spoke to this guy about the notifications and emails with tracking numbers and he assured me that everyone that had a clutch delivered was sent an email with their tracking information.

guys I have posted about the pressure plate before. Most if not all companies use the OEM manufacturer pressure plates. Look at a spec pressure plate and it has Luk spammed all over it. The spring angles and clamping force along with a heat treat where completed to get more clamping force out of the pressure plate.

check out this post from this thread

Last edited:
You handled this GB well - it could have gone in another direction if someone wasn't as cool headed as you were in contact with the vendor.

Thanks again - :cool:

Yea I just got off the phone with clutchnet, he told me what I just now read on this thread. Mine should be here on the 7th says ups.

You handled this GB well - it could have gone in another direction if someone wasn't as cool headed as you were in contact with the vendor.

Thanks again - :cool:

Thanks Kyle.

Yea I just got off the phone with clutchnet, he told me what I just now read on this thread. Mine should be here on the 7th says ups.

Good to hear Jon. Let me know when you get it and that everything is in good order.

yeah. having trouble getting oleg on the phone. so the last of em are going out im assuming?

Ah so you were the one they called me about... yes your has shipped. I'll PM you the tracking number. Because when you paid you did not include your email address and phone number in the payment details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back