• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Friday Night Wings

My mom smokes and I can't stand it. It makes me gag. She smoked in my red SE without my permission and I hated it! I couldn't get that smell out no matter how much febreeze/auto freshener I used. Yuck! My work has a smoking area outside and when people come in from smoking and I smell it on them it makes me gag. I don't have anything against smokers but I choose not to smoke so I don't want to go to a restaurant or bar and smell it/breathe it. The worst for me is cigars...they make me sick and give me headaches.

I'd still rather see the establishments be able to make the call. If I owned a bar or restaurant I'd have a smoking section,but I'd also invest in the best damn ventilation I could find. I have nothing personal against smokers...I just don't smoke. We all choose a way to die, I just choose to take my life my way :)

Exactly. I'm opposed to smoking bans because they are an excessive form of government intrusion. People can make their own decisions of whether smoking is right for their business and people can choose whether or not to patronize those businesses accordingly.

On food, one part of it is I don't understand the big deal everyone makes over wings... I like the sauces, but I dislike the texture and the effort involved in dealing with trying to wrangle food from those parts of the chicken.

Last edited:
On food, one part of it is I don't understand the big deal everyone makes over wings... I like the sauces, but I dislike the texture and the effort involved in dealing with trying to wrangle food from those parts of the chicken.

Get the boneless wings then. Also well prepared wings fall off the bone....Salmones here in Fort make some pretty good wings like that.

I just had BWW last night, god I love the parmajuan garlic sauce :drool:..... Tastes good on the fries too :drool:.

You mean parmesan? :help: :laugh:

obviously, he meant parmajuan otherwise he would have typed parmesan...

its their 'special' sauce
:)

and about the smoking ban thing...i think its awesome. i have never smoked but everyone in my family always did, i have always hated it.
having worked at multiple bars i used to hate coming home stinking of cigarette smoke.
the last bar i worked at was worried that they would lose a lot of business due to the ban..nope.
they supplied a nice outdoor place for smokers and attendance stayed high.

I felt like adding a name to the end of "parma". Not sure why, but it was on purpose ;). I want more, and now!

the last bar i worked at was worried that they would lose a lot of business due to the ban..nope.
they supplied a nice outdoor place for smokers and attendance stayed high.

TRUTH! The arguement that business will decline, while logical, doesn't hold up. Maybe in the most cloudy dive bars, maybe. If anything, sports bar business increased, as families are more likly to come in to watch games grab food durring the afternoon/evening. Now, I'm not a fan of families/kids in these places after 6pm or so, but if I owned the place, I would enjoy the revenue.

My rule-of-thumb, starting at 9:00:01 PM. Regardless of kiddies around me at a bar, I will drop F-bombs as loudly as I want!!!! Hey, if you bring junior into a place like that, ie the bar-side of BWW, expect them to hear some daddy-talk!

TRUTH! The arguement that business will decline, while logical, doesn't hold up. Maybe in the most cloudy dive bars, maybe. If anything, sports bar business increased, as families are more likly to come in to watch games grab food durring the afternoon/evening. Now, I'm not a fan of families/kids in these places after 6pm or so, but if I owned the place, I would enjoy the revenue.

My rule-of-thumb, starting at 9:00:01 PM. Regardless of kiddies around me at a bar, I will drop F-bombs as loudly as I want!!!! Hey, if you bring junior into a place like that, ie the bar-side of BWW, expect them to hear some daddy-talk!

i agree. Fu## yeah! (its not past 9pm) :D

Back